Anyone down for a Deschutes trip?

B
bigsteel
gonna be heading over to the maupin area on april 6,7,8,9 and 10th,,,,,if any of you guys or gals want to come and meet up and fish let me know:)

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'll plan my Bend work around whatever dates you figure out. Should I bring the drift boat?

Just looked at the calendar....6th and 7th are no good for me but the rest could work. Let's talk about it on Friday in between red sides.

B
bigsteel
there you are jamie lol lets chat over a fatty redside

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm close by. I'll see if I can make it over that way for some fishing. The Deschutes have been fishing well most of the time. There should be done good action then.

B
bigsteel
hell yea man!!!!!!!! il post up where im camping,,any ideas are welcome

EOBOY
EOBOY
bigsteel said:
hell yea man!!!!!!!! il post up where im camping,,any ideas are welcome

I want ta gooooo! I'll drag my tent trailer over. I'm a true newby to flying for Steel so expect a lot of questions and confounded looks.

B
bigsteel
absolutely come along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im going for mostly trout bur will chase steel too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come one come all

S
steelhead_slayer
EOBOY said:
I want ta gooooo! I'll drag my tent trailer over. I'm a true newby to flying for Steel so expect a lot of questions and confounded looks.

Trout fishing should be good with the chance of catching a steelhead occasionally

B
bigsteel
gonna be at harpham flat campground next week from wendsday til saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EOBOY
EOBOY
bigsteel said:
gonna be at harpham flat campground next week from wendsday til saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to river city fly today to get another reel. Don checked out my Redington and asked if it was hard to load and I said yeah it is. He suggested I go up to 6wt. line. That made a world of difference. Ben is coming with we should be there at the Flats by 2 or 3 PM. on Wed. Look for the Blue Rover and tent trailer. I also picked up some killer Flies.

B
bigsteel
good deal,i should be there around 11 or a bit after in a red white truck says superior door inc on the side!!!!!!!!!

EOBOY
EOBOY
bigsteel said:
good deal,i should be there around 11 or a bit after in a red white truck says superior door inc on the side!!!!!!!!!

Great! I'm jazzed, I spent most of the day putting my vest together and rigging all 3 rods just the way I want them so I can get with it. Here are the flies I picked up yesterday, Don had them a doz. for 24 bucks and a free box to put them in. I love box's.....:lol:

• bugs.jpg
B
bigsteel
those will get you going,,,i will have plenty of flies to get us dialed in

S
steelhead_slayer
Fish are not zoning in on the big bugs subsurface much yet. More and more and time goes though

EOBOY
EOBOY
steelhead_slayer said:
Fish are not zoning in on the big bugs subsurface much yet. More and more and time goes though

your right their taking nymphs OFF the bottom. Big Ben and I met up with Bigsteel and he made sure we knew what to do and how to rig up. Thanks Dave! He got us on fish within an hour after we got together. The weather was great, there was some wind yesterday afternoon but not as bad as it can get over there. The river was fisherman free pretty much had it to ourselves. I found out I maybe getting a little long in the tooth to keep up with these young guys. I'm suffering today, every muscle aches.:sad:

B
bigsteel
ohhhhh they were eating the stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great to meet you dana and ben,,i had a freakin blast....nice fish and great company!!!!!!!!!!! lets do it again

20160407_120843.jpg

B
bigsteel
20160407_120447.jpg 20160406_130552.jpg

EOBOY
EOBOY
For sure and next time I'll try not to freeze all the food hehe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

B
bigsteel
oh man it was all goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,,,my lungs do hurt lmao

EOBOY
EOBOY
bigsteel said:
oh man it was all goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,,,my lungs do hurt lmao

That's the only thing that doesn't hurt for me...........LOL......think I'll hit a pond for a bit today let me know next when you have some free time I'll take you to Big Tree