Anyone coming to Siletz Bay/Lincoln City this weekend?

montym

Fellow OFFer Dun and I are heading towards Siletz Bay/Lincoln City for two days tomorrow evening, with the hope that we will be able to spend some time chasing salmon, surf perch and crabs. Got spinners, weighed or otherwise; gulp sand shrimps, chicken legs and what nots, I just hope that shopping and baby sitting do not eat up all the time.

Anyone else plan to be there? Would not mind a meet-up, I'll get the beer I promise. Just shoot me a pm if you happen to be around and we can probably make a plan.

Cheers
Monty

TimberTodd

My son-in-law and I are going to be there Sat. morning. I will be the 50 year old guy wearing hipboots. He will be the 28 year old acting as my fishing caddy:). If its to much of a combat fishing scenario were also going to target the surf.

C_Run

Yes but was not going to fish there. Will keep my eye peeled if we go to the river. Good luck.

montym

Reckon we would not be difficult to find, I will probably be only the Asian Indian there and Dun is an American about a foot taller than I am, and we'd be together. If you want to have a real laugh, I will have a bright yellow casting rod with a spinning reel in my hands.

Give us a holler if you see us and we'll take it from there..

Cheers
M

OnTheDrop

Good Luck Minty&Dun. I spoke to Dun last night and gave him a few more pointers, you guys should be in the zone.

troutdude

Monty, there ain't nuttin' wrong with, a bright yellow rod--especially if it's a classic Fenwick or Lamiglas!

montym

Jay, all my rods put together do not cost as much as a good lamiglass or Fenwick. Picked up a lamiglass rod yesterday at sportsman's when I saw the red discount tag, put it back double quick when I saw it was 200+ at almost half price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

C_Run

Anyone who posts here is like royalty to me. Turns out we are leaving the kayaks home this time and will just cast spinners OFF the bank so maybe we will hit the lower Siletz for awhile tomorrow morning before heading north. (Husband and wife with matching brown Okuma rods) Good luck to all.

montym

Dun nailed a nice 32 inch Chinook second cast just after high tide in the evening.. Scale says #16 but I think it's faulty.. Seems much heavier. Cooking clams and crabs now and just can't wait for the morning

Last edited:

playhooky

Dun nailed a nice 32 inch Chinook second cast just after high tide in the evening.. Scale says #16 but I think it's faulty.. Seems much heavier. Cooking clams and crabs now and just can't wait for the morning

Have they lifted the toxin warning on clams? Perhaps in some areas. Congrats on the nook! Tried for red tail perch in LC and south of Newport today with no success. First time trying for them....maybe next time. Great day for fishing the coast though. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montym

Last I heard it was for razor clams only, we had I believe purple varnish clams.

playhooky

Last I heard it was for razor clams only, we had I believe purple varnish clams.

Correct Monty....I should have clarified....I was referring to razors (which is the warning I was speaking of). Clam on !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montym

It was a great pleasure for me to meet Timber Todd and C_Run. Fished the bay for about 5 hours yesterday and 2.5 hours today, but I didn't even see anything caught. Like I posted earlier, Dun caught one on 10/2 at around 6 pm with his second cast and that was it for us. Even the surf perch bite was bad, at the same place a few weeks back I caught 10 but yesterday it was one single perch for me. Folks say that it is because of the low barometric pressure, I guess I'd try to keep my fishing when the pressure is on the rebound.

Wife got 4 crabs today morning, and later we all went and got a zillion razor clams. My first time clamming, and I guess I have not been so muddy since the days I followed a plow in the rice fields trying to pick up up small fish churned out by the plow. 33 odd years at least, bulls pulling plows those days, grandpa watching over us and all that. I am from an obscure corner of India, you can google Assam if you are curious, but for some reasons a few of us from there find that Oregon reminds us of our childhood. The greenery, rains, abundant fishing opportunities and all that. BTW Dun makes some killer fried clams, best clam dish I've ever had.

Dun, me, our better halves and our little ones all had a blast doing all these things. In fact I was telling Dun today that if I win a few millions in a lottery, I'd buy a house in Lincoln City :)

Cheers
M
PS: Here is a pic of our two troublemakers being silly...

Attachments