Anyone catching trout at Hagg Lake?

G
gottafish
Now that the weather is a bit cooler I was wondering if anyone has had any luck at Hagg for trout, or any other fishes?
Thanks for your input. :)

F
FishSchooler
wait till they stock it! :cool:

D
Dutchman063
when do they stock it again?

R
R6anton
We caught a 13" rainbow and a 14" small last Sunday.

G
gottafish
Thanks everyone for all your replies. I do prefer the trout that have been in the lake for awhile over the newly stocked ones, so I will probably go try my luck this weekend. Maybe try to catch some bass or bluegill if the trout fishing is slow.
If anyone else has any reports it would be great to hear about. :)

C
charlie
lady was catching them by dam, picnic area by the point (opposite of rocks {dam})

with powerbait & garlic
everytime i hear what someone is catching them with, i always hear garlic

Last edited by a moderator:
D
Dutchman063
i hear that too about garlic so i tried garlic with chartrusse powerbait last friday. sat out there all day and didn't catch anything.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Time for a change up...

Time for a change up...

In my opinion if you aren't catching your target fish while using a specific bait,lure or what have you,it's time to change. Change up to Kastmasters,worms,spinners or whatever you might have in your tackle box. If you were at a buffet,would you pick one thing only? I don't think so...give them a variety to choose from. And don't forget the Smelly Jelly,or any other stinky stuff to dip it in. I mean,if you sit there all day with just one thing on your hook without catching anything,you aren't really trying to catch fish. :think: Maybe checking out the scenery or working on a tan?:D Anyway remember one word:variety.

F
FishSchooler
Raincatcher said:
In my opinion if you aren't catching your target fish while using a specific bait,lure or what have you,it's time to change. Change up to Kastmasters,worms,spinners or whatever you might have in your tackle box. If you were at a buffet,would you pick one thing only? I don't think so...give them a variety to choose from. And don't forget the Smelly Jelly,or any other stinky stuff to dip it in. I mean,if you sit there all day with just one thing on your hook without catching anything,you aren't really trying to catch fish. :think: Maybe checking out the scenery or working on a tan?:D Anyway remember one word:variety.

Barb, at Hagg lake, all everyone uses is one phrase: egg lead powerbait. :D

D
Dutchman063
lol...ok maybe it wasn't quite a full day of nothingness, maybe a half..but it sure seems like an eternity when nothings biting

P
Pita
I went out there by Sain Creek on Saturday evening (about 6:00-7:30) for some C/R and caught 3 bows about 9-10 inches each and maybe 4 or 5 fingerlings. I was actually surprised I caught anything because the wind was really nasty. Just had some time and a couple of beers to kill, so it was nice to catch something.

The water is getting super low very quickly now, so the three that I caught was encouraging, given I usually get skunked from the bank earlier in the summer out there. Every cast brought back either a fish or lake salad.

Gold kastmasters!

A
A_J-Llama
egg lead powerbait.....Ha, that's my last choice, blue/silver Kastmaster is the tops when baitsoakers are sitting doing nothing. Can't recall how many times I've walked up between two baiters that have sat catching nothing for hours and catch a few on kastmaster within a few casts. They really start grumbling when I turn them loose too:D

F
FishSchooler
A_J-Llama said:
egg lead powerbait.....Ha, that's my last choice, blue/silver Kastmaster is the tops when baitsoakers are sitting doing nothing. Can't recall how many times I've walked up between two baiters that have sat catching nothing for hours and catch a few on kastmaster within a few casts. They really start grumbling when I turn them loose too:D

For some reason I can catch tons of fish there on powerbait, but none on lures... :think: I have a 3/8 silver/green kastmaster to try out though, is it too big? :D

B
bassman503
FishSchooler said:
For some reason I can catch tons of fish there on powerbait, but none on lures... :think: I have a 3/8 silver/green kastmaster to try out though, is it too big? :D

nope thats the size i prefer.

F
FishSchooler
bassman503 said:
nope thats the size i prefer.

Oh. Okay! That works for me then. :D