Anyone been to Strawberry Mountain/lake?

ski0617

I have gone twice with my father when I was a kid, the second time there was a small row boat tied to a tree up there and there was no one else up there. we took it out and fished a little and then returned it to the place we found it. the last time i went there i was on R&R from Afghanistan, went with my mother, stepfather, uncle, and aunt. was a great time. such a beautiful place. Might even plan a camping trip back there next summer. anyone else been there and want to share some stories?

bakerite

Great place!

Great place!

Beautiful place with great fishing. I try to go once or twice every year and can count on catching almost a fish a cast out of my tube when the bite is on.

ski0617

When I went this last time on my R&R I made the mistake of hiking the trail with a 12 foot kayak on my back. I was hating my decision half way up, but in the end I enjoyed it more then fishing on the bank. I am thinking about camping at the lake next time, but not sure if my wife would be up for that.

bakercity

We lived in John Day, OR. from 1982 - 1987. Wife and I made numerous trips to the lake. Bank fished only. We used 4lb. test spin line with a clear fly bubble. Always caught lots of small trout. We are "catch & release" advocates unless camped. Our trips were always day trips but if you are up to it, this is a beautiful high mt. lake to visit.

Top Bottom