Anybody know how to start a spinner making company?

J
jd15
i need some ideas fellas anybodie interested in trying some of my homemade spinners

F
fishing_mission
Got any pictures of them ?

S
salmon_slayer87
jd15 said:
i need some ideas fellas anybodie interested in trying some of my homemade spinners

Well im not a business man...but I know from fishing at Winchester Bay...the best way to get your name out there is to fish with them in front of a croud. what fish do your lures target? If you have some pictures of them, id love to see them. Another way is to have a few fishermen/ women (friends/or not) fish with them for you and have them talk up your product. I for example am planning on doing a lot of fishing this year with lures...hahaha just saying.
thanks,
Dale

troutdude
troutdude
If you need tips on how to start a business; I suggest that you call the Small Business Development Center @ LBCC. They can help point you in the right direction. Also ask them, how to contact our local SCORE chapter. They are staffed by retired business who, I believe, offer free advice and may help you design a business plan. Good luck.

J
jd15
hey i dont have any pics of them yet but maybe u could try them out for me, is anybodie else interested in trying them i make trout, steelhead, and salmon in almost any color.

V
veilside180sx
I'll give them a whirl for steelhead. I normally run Blue Fox's, but I'm willing to try anything.

I can post pictures of whatever you send me if you need as well.

S
salmon_slayer87
jd15 said:
hey i dont have any pics of them yet but maybe u could try them out for me, is anybodie else interested in trying them i make trout, steelhead, and salmon in almost any color.

like i said before...send them my way. Ill try the trout and steelhead. I too can send you pictures of the catch.
PM me if you are interested.
thanks,
Dale

S
steelhead_stalkers
One suggestion I would have if you end up building a website for your business is make sure everything is spelled correctly with good grammar. A nice, professional website can generate a lot of sales!

Reactions: halibuthitman and fishinmachine
C
CoastieFlo
Been there, done that......

Made tons of spinners, gave em out free for people to try........sold a few but thats about it. I never really pursued it super hard though.

Then I move over here to Florence and there is a guy who makes tons and sells them to the stores in town and other places......he uses very cheap components (ie nickel and brass blades, cheapie beads, and eagle claw hooks that need serious sharpening before using)....plus has some spinners that are just plain wierd construction-wise. From talking to business' that carry his stuff, he has a pretty low price point (ie since they are cheaply made) and there is a good markup and thus profit the business' can make......so just remember it doesn't matter if your product is good just if its cheap and you can saturate the market.....at least thats whats going on over here in Florence area :)

troutdude
troutdude
CoastieFlo said:
(ie nickel and brass blades,

FYI, Nickel blades (or bodies) have a LOT LESS flash than does silver plate. And I hear copper is a great color. The backside of the original red & white striped Daredevil spoons were copper. And it made the the "Top 50 of All Time" lure list in F & S a couple of years ago. I'll be experimenting more w/ copper this year (casting spoons, trolling spoons, flashers, dodgers, etc).

T
Thuggin4Life
Let me test them and i will get the word out if there good.

aslo if you can find old threads about kodiac or is lure company(can't remember the name) thomas creek outfitters? dont do anything that he did.

J
jd15
spinners

spinners

my yarn balls 001.jpgmy yarn balls 002.jpgi am now able to send spinners for testing and i also sell yarnballs for .50cents a piece as well let me know if anybodie is still interested.
this fish was cought on one of my yarnballs by my lil cuzsteelhead on the alsea 003.jpg

and here are some of my spinnersjustins pics 002.jpgjustins pics 001.jpgjustins pics 003.jpg

and these fish were cought on my spinnersjustins steelhead 003.jpgsteelhead on the alsea 002.jpg

J
jd15
pm me and we can talk about it

J
jd15
Thuggin4Life said:
Let me test them and i will get the word out if there good.
pm me about them

J
jd15
pm me about them
salmon_slayer87 said:
like i said before...send them my way. Ill try the trout and steelhead. I too can send you pictures of the catch.
PM me if you are interested.
thanks,
Dale

B
BobbiDollPDX
jd15 said:
pm me about them

Unless they are subscribed to the thread or reading the forum everyday, they aren't going to see your PM request. You might try PMing them because they will most likely get an email notification.

troutdude
troutdude
Great suggestion Bobbi!

F
fantacmet
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm getting started as well doing the same thing. Have a very small batch ready to go(I don't have squat in the way of capitol), you can go the route that other companies take, don't make your lures to catch fish, make them to catch fisherman, or my route is the opposite. It's slower, but if your lures catch fish, then they will eventually catch fisherman. If your lures only catch fisherman they will catch a a lot upfront then nobody will buy them again. I have salmon lures and trout lures ready to go. Done a lot of biological research, water research, lightwave research etc, to try and make ideal lures. If you want to get together and discuss or something I'd be happy to yap with ya for while. I'm in NE Portland and usually fish at least every sunday at Kelly Point.

Troutski
Troutski
troutdude said:
FYI, Nickel blades (or bodies) have a LOT LESS flash than does silver plate. And I hear copper is a great color. The backside of the original red & white striped Daredevil spoons were copper. And it made the the "Top 50 of All Time" lure list in F & S a couple of years ago. I'll be experimenting more w/ copper this year (casting spoons, trolling spoons, flashers, dodgers, etc).
My go to lure in certain bodies of water still today.....
I have a very deep collection of these great spoons... of course I am a spoon guy for sure..

Chuck

N
nativefish
i wouldnt invest to much money into that company if i were you! lol just my two cents.