R
RunWithSasquatch
Bills keeping us on the outs. :lol:

S
Santiam338
JeannaJigs said:
For rizeal?!!

I tried..;)

Prolly hit it again Monday morning early,early..I know they are there..Have to get to bed by noon though..:cool:

RWS. I wouldn't hold out on ya..:D

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im going to the Nestucca here in 2 hours, hopefully will have something to contribute tonight.

S
Santiam338
I was kinda wondering why you were home...The reports seem to be getting better for there...Good luck. Take pics!!

A
alseaalumaweld
hows south fishing?

J
JeannaJigs
Well I drove up there with my boat. River looked great, weather was amazing, and them I stopped before launching to get ice at Safeway (in sweet home). Come out to put the ice in the cooler and realize my net is missing. Someone stole my freakin' net!!!! So I don't know where anything is up there so I text some people hoping someone is awake and alive that can let me bum a net. No dice. Everyone is asleep. In a last ditch effort I drove to Lebanon to see if walmart had anything usable, since nothing was open. Nope. Nothing. Waited a bit to see if anyone was gonna wake up and saver me with a net, but nope. Drove home frustrated. Got a new net but lacked all motivation to go back up there. Just too much driving.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thats BS, the Safeway in Sweethome? What a bummer.

J
JeannaJigs
Yup, at like 7:45. Got a late start because I had to take care of a couple things at work before I headed out. I was pretty irritated. An old lady gave me the look of death for using selective obscenities upon my discovery. My dog just stared at me like what? And all I wanted to do was launch my boat but salmon with no net...wasn't going to have a good outcome.

I am never leaving my boat unattended there again. Only in sweet home would someone jack a giant salmon net from a boat in broad daylight. Freakin tweakers.

S
Santiam338
I don't think a lack of net would have kept me off the river...Boated and released a lot of nates without using the net..

Hitting it in the morning..

J
JeannaJigs
Well...I suck a life and was a quitter today. :( I've had many no net disasters on the mckenzie in previous years. If I had someone else with me to row the boat to a decent place to land one without a net it'd be ok. But I was going solo today. I can't multitask for shirt.

G
GoldFishSlayer
wish ya would have had a way to get ahold of me i was out there and got prolly like 3 nets in my garage would have gladly let ya use one

J
JeannaJigs
Ya I couldnt get a hold of anyone to save my life lol. If you see an old black net frabil with an electrical tape wrapped handle and a "J" scratched into it...tackle a tweaker down and hold on to the net for me?

S
Santiam338
You should get my phone number so when you are up this way I can help out with nets,shuttles or even a fishing partner...The wife had me working all day...A phone call would have saved us both..:lol:

S
SantiamDrifter
That is the reason I dont leave my rig with the boat hooked up. 700$ oar's plus the crazy amount of money in all the fishing rods/reels. And my friends call me crazy! I wont even go into Taco Bell, if I can't see my truck Im not leaving.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive left a salmon net on the lower Alsea before... Im not sure if I would have felt better if it got stole, or my boneheaded fault.

J
JeannaJigs
Santiam338 said:
You should get my phone number so when you are up this way I can help out with nets,shuttles or even a fishing partner...The wife had me working all day...A phone call would have saved us both..:lol:

That's a good idea lol. Get a fishing phone tree going lol

J
JeannaJigs
SantiamDrifter said:
That is the reason I dont leave my rig with the boat hooked up. 700$ oar's plus the crazy amount of money in all the fishing rods/reels. And my friends call me crazy! I wont even go into Taco Bell, if I can't see my truck Im not leaving.

I never leave anything in my boat but my net and oars. The oars are secured in a way they are very difficult to get out, so I don't worry too much about those during the brief times it's unattended. Never woulda thought someone would steal the damn net though. I mean seriously, $600 oars and they take a beat up old $50 net....sigh.

A
alseaalumaweld
i just can't get why you wouldnt fish. why do you even need a net?

A
alseaalumaweld
i fish alone a lot. leave my boat rods gear all over the place never had anything taken

G
GoldFishSlayer
JeannaJigs said:
I never leave anything in my boat but my net and oars. The oars are secured in a way they are very difficult to get out, so I don't worry too much about those during the brief times it's unattended. Never woulda thought someone would steal the damn net though. I mean seriously, $600 oars and they take a beat up old $50 net....sigh.

Well I think this way.. if the person is dumb enough to steel a fishing net out of a boat in a parking lot
A-they are just stupid punk kids and know nothing about fishing but thought a big net was cool.
B- well lets face it running down the street with two oars might look funny.. and if they are punk kids they have no idea what they are worth
C- I still have no idea why somebody would want a net bad enough to steal one most likely not a fellow fisherman\fisherwoman