Any suggestions for this weekend?

T
TonyD88
I am new to the site and this is my first post. My Dad and I have been planning on heading down and fishing the Wilson this weekend, but with how much rain we are getting and how high the river is, does anyone think it will be fishable by this weekend? If not does anyone have any suggestions on a good places to do some bank fishing anywhere around the Tillamook or Rockaway area. We have a place to stay in Rockaway so we will be down there all weekend, but I’m not to familiar with the area to well because I will be coming from the Oregon City area. Any info would be great. Thanks

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. Guess maybe you didn't see this thread, posted at 7:30 last night. Probably true for any river, in that area. But maybe they will drop enough, by this weekend for you.

S
sapo
The Wilson should probably be fine by the weekend it is dropping very fast..so you're good unless we get another rain

C
ChezJfrey
sapo said:
The Wilson should probably be fine by the weekend it is dropping very fast..so you're good unless we get another rain

Agreed. If predictions hold true, the Wilson should be very near prime fishing level by Saturday/Sunday.

Casting Call
Casting Call
ChezJfrey said:
Agreed. If predictions hold true, the Wilson should be very near prime fishing level by Saturday/Sunday.
Welcome aboard! TD88 Saturday & Sunday I will do walk through recon on all TB tribs, not to say I won't wet a line. All the week-enders will tell me where and when the bite starts. Come Monday,two days after the normal mean levels it should run perfect color water. Locals and old timers will be all over the rivers. The best bet TD88 could be Lorens drift just below the hatchery on the Trask this week-end. GL Tony

T
TonyD88
Yes I did see the post last night. I have also been watching the water levels and the weather report. I am going to be out that way from Friday until Monday so worst case is we run over to the trask and check it out, or just do some fishing from the jetty. I will be sure to post a report each day of where I went and how it's going. Thanks for the info guys.

S
sapo
sweet! ya let us know!