Any suggestions for Blue Lake?

S
Shallowbay
I've searched through the forums and gotten some good info, however, does any else have any good advice for this time of year or recent trips out there? I'm open to catching whatever ... I would love to get some bass, I read a lot about crappie and bluegills. Are there a good amount of trout? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks as always!

S
Shallowbay
Not skunked at Blue Lake

Not skunked at Blue Lake

Well I got several bites off of lures. Absolutely nothing off anything else. I tried for trout with PB, eggs, worms, off the bottom and under a bobber. Nothing else seemed interested in worms either. I saw some big trout jump and a good sized bass or two. They were all over my boo-ya lures and rooster tales. Caught this 5 1/2" little guy. Is that a small mouth bass??? It kinda looks like a large blue gill. I have never caught bass before so I'm not real familiar with what they look like. Thanks as always!

T
the_intimidator03
From googlized research i would say its a warmouth. It isn't the same color pattern as the one i have caught before. But here is the picture i found on google.
8144warmouth.jpg

S
Shallowbay
Re:

Re:

Thanks!

T
the_intimidator03
no problem... i was stumped as to what the hell i just caught when i caught my warmouth... looked like a bright colored blue gill for the body with a huge mouth.

T
the_intimidator03
lots of latin to confuse. I can upload a picture of the one i caught i think. ill have to find it if your interested

S
Shallowbay
That'd be cool. I always like seeing "catch" pics. Plus it would help because my fish identifying skills, which are very weak!!!

T
the_intimidator03
How is that for color pattern?

Image015.jpg