Any reports on the Alsea river?

Hey y’all,

Has anyone been fishing for steelhead on the Alsea river recently. I was wondering with the rains last week how distributed they would be in the system by now. Or if anyone was catching them their yet.

Thanks!

C_Run

I don't have any information but was considering going soon. I guess I'll find out.

troutdude

Haven't heard anything yet either. Although a friend flung her bug wand, on Big Elk Creek. A trib of the Yaquina River. Her group saw no steel at all. Much more rain is needed.

C_Run

Here is my report. I went today and it looked like every goat trail to the river was already well-worn so somebody must have been fishing already. I talked to two parties who did not have anything and seemed kind of pessimistic. There were not a lot of people out today but people were fishing from Alsea all the way down. It seemed like more people were upstream. I fished from Salmonberry to Scott Cr. and had quite a few great spots all to myself. I ended up with one small wild steelhead, a small wild coho, and two trout for 7 hours of hard work. All were lower in the system. Lots of Chinook carcasses everywhere which was encouraging.

I went out over the weekend, I fished a bit on the hatchery stretch and below Alsea. I didn’t see anyone catch anything their were a few fish in the hatchery though. I fished for a while below Alsea and an old chinook swam right past me which was cool. Didn’t catch anything though

Top Bottom