Any places to fish for trout around Springfield/Eugene area

R
rippin fish lips
????? alton baker hasnt been stocked for the past 4 months, i know some steelhead are most likely laying in there right now spawning and what not, dying to get out gunna go in the morning but dunno where to go?

any help please??

T
TTFishon
Actually AB was stocked about a month ago. I took my nephew there and once we found where they were holed up we caught a fish on every cast. It might be too late but I will send you a PM and let you know about a killer hole and my technique for fat hold over bows.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i thought the mckenzie was open year round? catch and release though

T
TTFishon
brandon4455 said:
i thought the mckenzie was open year round? catch and release though

I believe it's open from Leagurg Lake on down fly and lure C&R.

T
Thuggin4Life
TT's right so when conditions allow there is some fishing to be done on the mac.

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
TT's right so when conditions allow there is some fishing to be done on the mac.

yes! checked out the mac at at hayden boat landing, water looked the way it should be but still high, had a nice green tint to it, i know there is steelhead at hayden to be caught, gave it a good hour or 2 there with nothin. stopped at day island to a spot where i got told by a fishing guide, he told me to fish "this" spot durning the winter, showed me wut hole and everything but couldnt pull anything out. water looked good on willy to but coulda been better.

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
I believe it's open from Leagurg Lake on down fly and lure C&R.

I called ODFW a while back and they said that it was open for steelhead year round but trout was closed? ill have to make a call to make sure about that.