Any of you guys ski or snowboard?

O
osmosis
I'm looking for some folks to go ride with that have time off during the week. Almost all of my friends have to work all week and weekends are even worse on the mountain than the river!
Let me know if you want to carpool up there sometime, I have a good car for it.

M
Mike123
I'm gonna start going in January...
Not sure about Mt. Hood though... I live too close to Hoodoo and Bachelor. :D

O
osmosis
hood already has some killer snow, i've been going for the last month and a half or so. evidentally it's flat dumping snow up there today too.

I spend a week in bend riding bachelor most years, I hate how often bachelor rides like mashed potatoes though..

J
joesnuffy
Why just go downhill, when you can go UPHILL too! :p

3417585495_fa42b5de5b.jpg

O
osmosis
I have friends that tow us on our boards behind sleds, good times. sure beats hiking or sitting on lifts!

D
dude young
Possible short term layoff coming in the next few weeks. If that happens, you can count on me. I have not yet beenriding since I got to Oregon. Just take it easy on this old man.

F
Fishtopher
I used to snowboard, but havent been since 06. Kinda screwed up my back in a car accident. Last winter I got the itch to get back up there and never made it. Gonna get back on the board this year for sure though.

Lemme know when youre thinking of riding! I want to go!

O
osmosis
I rode all day today and it was fantastic up there.
Fresh powder all morning with blue skies and no wind!

I had knee surgery a few years back so I skipped a couple seasons too. I've been going up atleast once a week since the lifts have been running this year so let me know when you folks are free.

T
Troutier Bassier
Why arent you fishing allen?

O
osmosis
I'm just giving the poor steelhead a break :D

T
Troutier Bassier
:lol: I see. Thats why theres been so many of them lately. ;)

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
osmosis said:
I rode all day today and it was fantastic up there.
Fresh powder all morning with blue skies and no wind!

I had knee surgery a few years back so I skipped a couple seasons too. I've been going up atleast once a week since the lifts have been running this year so let me know when you folks are free.

I was thinkin' when woke up..."I should be on my way to the hill...."

Turns out half the people I know went to the hill yesterday!

Where do you like to go? Sometimes I get a headache if sun is out from the snow glare, so Ski Bowl is my spot at night!! Usually if I go for the day, I ride the Alpine trail, from T-line to Govie.

O
osmosis
I ride all mountain freestyle. I like to hit the terrain parks a lot, plus natural features like cliffs as well as just carving runs.
Ski bowl doesn't have any table tops or even hips, just rails so I only go there for cheap night ski. I love rail parks dont get me wrong but a resort shouldnt leave out the big kickers.

timberline and meadows have much nicer terrain parks and better over all runs and terrain (and a lot more of it) so I prefer them even though they are more expensive.
I've ridden the 3 mile trail down to camp tons of times but it sucks when you dont have someone there to pick you up (ahh teenage idiocy :)).

at timberline I spend a lot of my day by stormin normin in the freestyle parks, but I like to cruise sometimes too. they have some really nice runs.

at meadows I'm all over the place because of how many terrain parks they have up this year and how spread out they are.

I got a new board this year with the reverse camber V Rocker technology and it is AMAZING! I dont think I'll ever go back to traditional camber except for a board to simply haul ass on.

BTW I'm not expecting to drag you guys into the park, I can enjoy the regular runs all day just fine.

O
osmosis
Heres a tail press I did last year on my property when we got all that snow.

I was using one of my flat bottom boats as a box and shreaded on it all day.

and yes, when I was done using it as a rail, it became a sled!

snowfghf19.jpg

T
Troutier Bassier
:lol: Hah. Looks like fun.

S
sandyboy
Man i love snowboarding went a couple of times this season to skibowl but i want too go to meadows too and hit the park i love it.

H
halibuthitman
I watched the video snowboarders in exile until the tape quite playing... had to buy my avalanche trick 150 at a bicycle shop... had to drive past 3 american resorts to get to red mountain in Rossland b.c or whitewater in nelson becouse no one allowed snowboarders......some of the best days of my life, I almost cried the day craig kelly Died. I havent been in 7 years:(