Any news on sturgeon fishing in Bonneville pool?

F
fishkilla
Hey everyone!!!
I am thinking of going sturgeon fishing this weekend above bonneville so I am just wondering how fishing is over there? What would be the best bait or scents to use?

Thanks for your help!!!!!

K
Kevinb5688
I am going on a guided trip tomorow so i will let you know how it goes, i talked to the guide this morning and he said they are doing pretty good but they had 65 mph wind the last two days and snow is coming the next 3 days.

H
Herefishyfishy
The forecast for tomorrow looks pretty good for Cascade Locks. West winds 4-13 and the rain will hopefully hold off until late afternoon. I will be going out armed with smelt, rollmop, squid and worms for bait and bloody tuna, anchovy, sturgeon feast and sandshrimp scents! I bet something is gonna bite on some combination of that!

K
Kevinb5688
Yell out if you see me, i will be in a 23 foot red alumaweld with a blavk cover that says nwsturgeon adventures on the side.
I have been out with this guy before and he knows his stuff. Good luck to ya man.

M
Marvin's Guide Service
It has been good, I was By Hood River Thursday and Friday.. go 2 keepers both day's. and lots of small Sturgeon..

K
Kevinb5688
Fishing sucked today, 25-30 mph west winds, 5 foot swells. And no fish. Couldnt keep the boat straight with the wind blowing against the current.

K
Kevinb5688
I guess the one good thing about my failed trip was i ate and sherries for lunch and won 160$ playing video poker so my lame trip was free. Lol

H
Herefishyfishy
Yep it sucked! I fished for about 45 minutes and that was more than enough!

F
fishkilla
I ended up having to work on the weekend....but man judging from your posts i sure am glad i didn't go....maybe another time!!!! I spent almost a grand on gear and stuff for the boat last year and not one keeper yet for me so I wont be giving up that easy!!!!!!

F
fishingguru
I haven't actually been there, but my grandpa has caught a few sturgeon there.

J
juggernaut506
Oregon and Washington decided on a 9,600 fish quota for the combined sport and commercial season in the lower Willamette and Columbia below Bonneville.

T
TJR_84
Any word on when they will open the willy for keepers?

H
Herefishyfishy
4 days in Feb. 17-18 and 24-25.