Any new reports?

S
sunsalem
We have had some ridiculous amounts of rain the last few days in Central Oregon.

Anyone been trying to fight through it in the Sheep's Bridge or Deschutes Arm Area?

H
hydropsyche
I fish there once a week after July. Its been the fastest water withdrawal of any years I have seen. Its a fast flowinging river from Crane down to the big bend/island. I took my 12'6" 6 wt spey rod out and had a really fun time getting browns on bunny leeches. Nymping is the most productive with a heavey fly and an egg pattern or hairs ear, AP nymph. Kokanee are spawning and are also enormous. White fish are stacked up in the faster runs with bows and browns sprinkled in between. Don't bother bringing a boat its all bank for the rest of the month.

S
sunsalem
hydropsyche said:
Its been the fastest water withdrawal of any years I have seen.
I wonder why....

Don't bother bringing a boat its all bank for the rest of the month.
Sure seems like it....it is currently at 36% of full pool.

S
sunsalem
Went to Sheep's Bridge the other day.
Lots of Kokes in spawning colors.
Plenty of guys fishing...half flyfishing, half spinning fishing.
Unfortunately, didn't see much catching.
Trout ARE there and easy to see, but have lockjaw.:sad:

Good clarity of the water, in fact, probably TOO good.;)

BTW, artificials only, no bait allowed above the S. Twin buoys.
Season closes EOM.

Currently, Wikiup is at 34% and CP at 58%.

S
sunsalem
Sunday is the last day above the S. Twin bouys.
Anyone doing any good this last week?

Wikiup is at 33% of Full Pool right now.

H
hydropsyche
Just got back its low and fast the white fish are willing saw more bows than browns caught. I would rate it slow to fair. I hooked up with a couple bows lost em both landed some massive white fish on egg patterns and heavy. Size 18 Tungsten beaded nymph tied with just thread, scud hook, copper wire rib, bead and a lil clump of sparkle dubbing around the thorax. Moving around is key. We saw lots of browns but they were either non responsive or spooked. The two nicest fish we saw caught came to an olive bugger on intermediate line by a fella across the bank. I spent a good part of the day spey casting large leech patterns which was working earlier in the month bit not so well today. The kokes have mostly turned to blackish red with white fins but spawning strong. Hope this helps, good luck!

S
sunsalem
hydropsyche said:
Just got back its low and fast the white fish are willing saw more bows than browns caught. I would rate it slow to fair. I hooked up with a couple bows lost em both landed some massive white fish on egg patterns and heavy. Size 18 Tungsten beaded nymph tied with just thread, scud hook, copper wire rib, bead and a lil clump of sparkle dubbing around the thorax. Moving around is key. We saw lots of browns but they were either non responsive or spooked. The two nicest fish we saw caught came to an olive bugger on intermediate line by a fella across the bank. I spent a good part of the day spey casting large leech patterns which was working earlier in the month bit not so well today. The kokes have mostly turned to blackish red with white fins but spawning strong. Hope this helps, good luck!
It is helpful....thanx for that.:)