Any luck on Brownlee?

R
rainORsnow1
Heading to farewell bend. Wondering if anybody has a report. Any help is greatly appreciated

J
JAFO
If you are looking for Catfish now is the time. I caught a ton last weekend. The Snake is on fire right now for Smallmouth and Cats. If you're looking for Crapie forget it, it sucks.

R
rainORsnow1
That really stinks for crappie. Its been that way last couple years. Thanks for the heads up. Any size to the cats?

J
JAFO
I never caught one under three pounds. All nice fish. Mormon Crickets and Night Crawlers nothing fancy.

R
rainORsnow1
Sounds like I'm in for a great trip. Thanks for the info!

F
fish4life
Will be going over there on the 4th of July and staying through the weekend, don't know about the crappie fishing sucking for the last couple of years, last year we caught 500 in three days.

F
fish4life
Well we did well for cats with our best day with 23, but the crappie fishing was crappie. Hopefully next year will be good.

R
rainORsnow1
Better luck next year.... how big is that sturgeon in ur profile pic? Looks big....

B
brewdog
Need to make the grease sink

Need to make the grease sink

New to forum and needed help on spots to bank fish between Snake River Rd. Huntington Oregon and Farewell Bend Park. Can you fish in the park itself and is it good there.? Can I use chicken liver, worms, snails, stink bait, cut bait for catfish. Is fishing better when the water is lower or hi. I am in the Portland area and came from the midwest, so fishing for cats and panfish sucks here. Help I need some fried catfish. And for those of you who understand driving to the fishin hole, Fishing proverb #1 (If a man drives X amount of miles to go fishing, then he should catch enough fish to make the grease sink). Thanks fellows

Last edited:
R
rainORsnow1
I've been fishing that area my whole life. Don't bother with the park. Its way over priced and u have yo run up river quite a while to get to my spots. If u go to Huntington and ask the locals they can give u tips and tell u where the road is to drive up river and camp for FREE. Look for banks with a cliff to a drop off. U can try in close with Bobber and worm right off the bottom. You're likely to catch bass and cats. ( I nail em that way) I prefer trout CUT. make sure its cut up. Its illegal otherwise. If u can find where the crappie are definetly use that for bait paired with worm or Mormon cricket. Hope this helps. I was supposed to be up there on the fourth. But had to go to crescent lake instead. Money issues....

F
fish4life
(Better luck next year.... how big is that sturgeon in ur profile pic? Looks big....) sturgeon was 53 15/16 fork length 62" overall, The bait shop has a printout with all of the good fishing spots, my advise is keep moving from spot to spot until you find a good spot. n You should be getting bites withing 30 min if not move. If you do any trout fishing freeze the guts from your catch this will make good bait.