Any luck at Salish Pond for Bass??

S
SDfisher
Was thinking of heading out there in the morning. Has anyone had any luck with Bass on the East or West Pond?

J
jpjule
I haven't had any luck the few times I've gone out there lately. I'm done with that place. Hit the Willie and go after the smallmouth is my reccomendation.

S
SDfisher
I am heading out to hike in the gorge with some people from work tomorrow. We are not starting till 0930 so was going to get some fishing in before that.....

T
Troutier Bassier
There are bass in both Ponds, But try focusing on the East pond. fish at the End where the Benches and Rocks are. Use Crankbaits. or any Small Plastic worm should work. PM Me if you have any other Questions.

K
kornphlake
I've done okay catching bluegill and perch at East Salish pond, nothing larger than about 5 inches though. I'm not sure what it takes to catch bass so I've never specifically targeted them. I've been having a ball lately fishing the Columbia Slough, it's tough to find bank access but when you do it's pretty non stop action on the bullhead catfish with the occasional bluegill or perch. If you've got some flotation I'm sure you can get into some bass in the Slough too. I C&R anything I catch in the Slough, it's not supposed to be very healthy to eat anything from that murky water.

S
shadow
bass fishing and others

bass fishing and others

a lot of talk about Bass fishing and warm water species, The only place Ive ever caught any of these were in Coves or back water of the Columbia River any place the water comes in and makes a cove like Rooster Rock or Herman creek Rock quarry is where you find bass the LMs too Cascade locks has some bass fishing too out by the Lumber mill there there are some lake ponds in that area try there . Hood River also if you know where to go even the dalles is good around some of the pilings out there and docks.

S
SalmonStalker
IF you want to catch bass at salish go to the second pond during the summer monthes and use some worms or small plastics. By the benches and the rocks. Your for sure to catch some:)