Any lawn experts out there?

J

Jig'n

Does anyone know how to reverse the effect of fertilizer burn? I'm pretty sure the Scott's Summer Guard with Weed Control did this to my lawn since the burning/browning is only in the area's I applied the fert.

Yard 2.jpg

C

ChezJfrey

Does anyone know how to reverse the effect of fertilizer burn? I'm pretty sure the Scott's Summer Guard with Weed Control did this to my lawn since the burning/browning is only in the area's I applied the fert.

If you just did it, start soaking your lawn with water...you want to leach the excessive nitrogen away as that's what causes the grass to dehydrate. Good luck.

J

Jig'n

I started to notice the damage about 3 weeks ago, maybe a bit longer. I run the sprinklers for 30 minutes every night, and in that particular spot I've been running the sprinklers for 30 minutes morning and nights.

J

Jig'n

Another thing, my grass doesn't seem to be growing this year, (except where the dog has pooed). Could it be that I haven't put out any lime this year?

Thanks
Jig'n

M

markasd

Water water water.. flush that out. May be too late now, but the guide viento posted is a great over-seed re-seed guide. That'll get you back in shape. I have used a steel rake and raked out the dead/brown and then used my own sand/seed mix similar to the golf courses to re-seed and had great success.

Good luck.. curious how it goes for ya.

18406ej

On the plus side it looks like you have a beautiful house and lot. Good luck with the lawn.