Any interest in a carp tournament?

B
Bad Tuna
Carp will be spawning soon, what a great time to kill a few before they spawn! Any interest in having a carp tournament? Any legal method of taking carp will count, two prizes, one for biggest carp, second for most carp weighed in? We could get together on a Willamette slough, lake, where ever. Any suggestions? This could be a fun tournament that can bring carp lovers and haters together, while helping fish and water quality.

Reactions: eggs
C
ChezJfrey
But I would just put all mine back and let them swim freely back from whence they came....muwahahahaha!

B
bigsteel
i will bring the shotgun

E
eggs
I will bring the baseball bat.. we can make a giant pile and go office space printer scene on them I will even bring the Geto Boy cd to have the proper sound track..

Gunga
Gunga
I would be interested in going if its close to where i live. im limited by not having a car.

Y
youngfisher21
thats funny my names tyler too

Reactions: Markcanby
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
youngfisher21 said:
thats funny my names tyler too

Even creepier- both monikers start out with "youngfish"...

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Oh, and a carp tourney actually sounds fun - even if the fish become fertilizer in the end. Might I suggest a couple extra prize slots though - borrowing from the big annual carp fly fishing tourney in Montana - a prize for the biggest lipped carp, and a booby prize for the smallest lipped carp...

Gunga
Gunga
Hey maybe even one for the best looking carp or for the most interesting looking one. haha :)

O
OnTheFly
I'll pass on the carp tourney but if I went, I'd bring a bucket to puke in everytime someone brought one in.:yay:

B
Bad Tuna
I have one prize in hand already a Lamiglas MBC603 bass rod. Any ideas on where to hold it? Eugene or Salem areas? Portland? Blue lake?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
The Tualatin River is loaded with carp - but the parks along it's banks aren't terribly large. Would you allow boats? Fish multiple locales on the river, and just bring the fish in to a central locale?

B
Bad Tuna
Boats would be fine. I'd like to find a place with a fair amour of bank access as many of the youngsters in here don't have boats. Not sure that parks would allow bows and spears to be used by those who would want to use them.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Trojan Ponds out off Hwy 30? Big fish there, and IIRC halibuthitman talked of bow fishing for carp there. LOTS of bank access...

C
capblack
if i go, would someone take it off my hook for me? last one i removed from my line with a .45, but im not sure that would work in a park-like setting

B
Bad Tuna
Golf clubs might be better in a park like setting.

O
OnTheFly
Baseball bats come to mind.

G
GDBrown
Just cut the line, its cleaner. No touchy feely for me.
If you do it at Trojan there are loads of them in the north pond and when they spawn they get very aggressive.

Reactions: Markcanby
J
john montana
I would try to make this as long as one rule was no wasting the fish. If the tourney involves a golf club and tossing fish in the bushes I would be out.

I would donate a dozen flies whether I can make the tourney or not.

Reactions: Markcanby and Drew9870
D
Drew9870
Lol at this thread, and people say I started a thread just to stir the pot, just so ironic it came up after a big controversy.

But back on subject, I agree with Montana, wouldn't mind outfishing/hunting the bow guys and proudly looking at them as I release the fish, god, I'm cocky sometimes aren't I? :D;):lol:

It is no big deal though, in all honesty, anytime one of the older, extremely friendly Russian or Ukrainian folks are at my favorite spot, I don't mind handing my fish out, it doesn't go to waste, and they know how to properly prepare it.

Last edited:
Reactions: brandon4455