Any good fishing places around here?

B
bballer3
havent been fishing in this area before? any luck at this time of year?

B
bigdog
bballer3 said:
havent been fishing in this area before? any luck at this time of year?

Well that is going to depend on where here is. If you are talking in nertheast oregon yeah lots of places but that is a big area, would help if you narrowed it down a little as to where here is lol.

B
bballer3
bigdog said:
Well that is going to depend on where here is. If you are talking in nertheast oregon yeah lots of places but that is a big area, would help if you narrowed it down a little as to where here is lol.

sorry for being vague lol I don't have a SET place right now, I am basically trying to just find a lake, river etc where my gf and I can go down to catch some fish and camp at a near by place... I have a raft as well so I can be floating...

Thanks!

B
Brookiebuster
If you ever get a chance go to Olive Lake. It's located out of the little town of Granite where hwy 7 takes off of hwy 26. Go a few miles until you see a sign for Sumpter and head past Sumpter a few miles until you hit Granite then head towards the old power house. About 12 to 13 miles up the road is the turn off for Olive Lake. Nice kokanee, Rainbows and Brookies. Also full of crawdads.

B
bballer3
Brookiebuster said:
If you ever get a chance go to Olive Lake. It's located out of the little town of Granite where hwy 7 takes off of hwy 26. Go a few miles until you see a sign for Sumpter and head past Sumpter a few miles until you hit Granite then head towards the old power house. About 12 to 13 miles up the road is the turn off for Olive Lake. Nice kokanee, Rainbows and Brookies. Also full of crawdads.

fishing there good all year around?

J
joesnuffy
You can't access it in the winter because of snow.

Lots of hunting camps up there right now so it will be busy. An awesome place though.

L
Lothar Of The Hill People
It's been years (around 20) since I fished Olive lake. Are there back in (Trailer) or any tent sites or is it still just a day site?

P
ProfessorChromology
The Wallowa River, Grande Ronde, Imnaha, all have excellent fishing. Talk to your local flyshop owner - buy a few flies and the recommendations will start to flow! Northeastern Oregon is GOD's country!

B
Brookiebuster
Lothar Of The Hill People said:
It's been years (around 20) since I fished Olive lake. Are there back in (Trailer) or any tent sites or is it still just a day site?

Olive has a couple of campgrounds with plenty of room for trailers. and a nice boat ramp also.

J
joesnuffy
Lothar Of The Hill People said:

Lots of camping spots for trailiers. There's over 4 feet of snow on the ground up there now though. It won't be bakc open until May(ish).

Reactions: Stinkifishi
J
Jasony
yes, there is.

yes, there is.

ha ha ha! Any lake that doesn't dry up is usually good fishing. The snake river and all tributaries are a good bet too...What kind of fish and what area of north east oregon do you plan on visting? Listing all the good fishing in north eastern oregon would take hours..you might want to get on the map and narrow it down for us...then we can you in the right direction...to answer your question as best as I can: Yes there are hundreds of good fisheries in north eastern oregon for , fly, bait, or lure fishing. The spiecies vary from cold water lake trout (elk horn mts), brookies, browns and rainbows : steelhead, samon, and sturgion: to crappie, bass and catfish. Not to metion trash fish. You let us know what you want and we'll go from there :)~!

S
strawberry shortcake
Some people mistakenly place mountain white fish in the trash fish category. However, if you like Halibut, the mountain white fish is a good sub. The flesh is white like Halibut, and is sweeter than trout. They don't fight much, but who cares when you can fillet and skin em easier than you can trout????