Any easy bank access spots along the Clackamas/Willamette rivers?

kaidecarli

My grandfather and I are new to sport fishing and would like to try steelhead this winter. He is getting older and his legs aren't what they used to be when he commercial fished for 30+ years. Easy access to fishing spots is very important to us because while I can easily navigate rocks and such, he cannot. Since we were going to try for some steelhead this winter, I thought it would be important to find spots that we can both access water from. Any ideas as to where we might find a steelhead spot that will be easy for my grandfather to access?

C_Run

I'm not real familiar with all of the Clackamas but I have been to the ramps at Barton Park and McGiver and it seemed like there was good bank access at both.

Is that bear someplace in Utah? It looks familiar.

kaidecarli

I'm not real familiar with all of the Clackamas but I have been to the ramps at Barton Park and McGiver and it seemed like there was good bank access at both.

Is that bear someplace in Utah? It looks familiar.
Great, thanks!
And yes, It's in Park City

Fishnbuck

Dahl Beach has a parking lot practically on the water at the mouth of the Clackamas, and nearby at Meldrum Bar, with the right vehicle, you can drive out on the rocks to the water line of the Willamette if you want to, but please use caution and uncommon sense as the water level changes considerably throughout the day. They're both in Gladstone accessed by the same road. Great places with some pretty cool folks to hang out with (most of the time).

Raincatcher

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom