Any decent Lakes to hit down south?

C
chrishophoto
Hey folks,

I am currently visiting some relatives down in SF, and on the way back I'll be traveling through Yosemite, then back up to Portland via central oregon. I'd love to find a lake in the southeastern, or central zone that I could camp at and catch a trout or two from the bank, but I am wondering if its too cold to have any luck this time of year. Does anyone have any suggestions?:think::think:

Is Diamond lake a viable option this time of year? Any other options? I would be willing to go as far east as Harney Lake if there was good fishing there.

I'd really appreciate any input on this either way.

F
fishtales
There are lots of lakes in Central Oregon but are they still open is the question. Snow tends to get the roads gated on some. Why when do you think about going?

C
chrishophoto
fishtales said:
There are lots of lakes in Central Oregon but are they still open is the question. Snow tends to get the roads gated on some. Why when do you think about going?

I was going to head back up next week. Based on the weather reports, there shouldn't be too much snow on the ground, but it looks pretty cold. I wonder if the water temp might make any efforts for fish fruitless this time of year.

-C

Troutski
Troutski
Willamette Valley...

Willamette Valley...

chrishophoto said:
I was going to head back up next week. Based on the weather reports, there shouldn't be too much snow on the ground, but it looks pretty cold. I wonder if the water temp might make any efforts for fish fruitless this time of year.

-C

Would it be possible to come back I-5 ? If so there are some very nice lakes with close access to I-5. We don't have the snow issues yet over here, and 90% of our lakes are year round angling. Some are doable from shore some you might need some sort of magic carpet. Let me know and I can give you some tricks of Winter Trout angling in my back yard.

Chuck

T
Throbbit _Shane
Diamond lake is closed. Lake of the woods is still open as well as Fish Lake, and their real close to each other so if ones not working u can try the other. Also Lake of the Woods is one of the few lakes that allows fishing 24hrs.