Any Crappie being caught anywhere

B
bucketman009
Hey everyone i am new here not new to fishin' i am wonderin if anyone on here has any secret crappie holes they might want to share i have a few of my own too and i was wondering if anyone would like to swap fishing holes

M
mikeredding
bucketman009 said:
Hey everyone i am new here not new to fishin' i am wonderin if anyone on here has any secret crappie holes they might want to share i have a few of my own too and i was wondering if anyone would like to swap fishing holes

I catch quite a few out of Ballengers pond but went Friday and had no luck. Too cold still.

B
bucketman009
hey thanks for the posting are there any size to them, i have been getting some smaller ones at a couple of ponds around the area but ballenger is pretty deep so it probably takes longer to heat up, do you use a float tube to get out to the structure thanks for the replyif you want to know where i catch my crappies send me an email and i will hook you up

M
mikeredding
bucketman009 said:
hey thanks for the posting are there any size to them, i have been getting some smaller ones at a couple of ponds around the area but ballenger is pretty deep so it probably takes longer to heat up, do you use a float tube to get out to the structure thanks for the replyif you want to know where i catch my crappies send me an email and i will hook you up
I have fished from my pontoon but usually just off the bank. Most of them are average size but have caught a few hawgs.

B
bucketman009
what do you usually use jigs or?

M
mikeredding
bucketman009 said:
what do you usually use jigs or?

Small plastic jigs. Usually regular crappie jigs in various colors. Red & white or yellow and white seem to be the best or a small white curl tail grub.

B
bucketman009
there are some crappie biting at junction city pond right now

M
mikeredding
I didn't know there were crappie in there. But then I don't fish it. Too many people for me.

B
bucketman009
yes lots of people but not quite the same crowd in the morning

M
mikeredding
I hear there are some in Dexter Res. Have you ever caught any there?

B
bucketman009
never fished there but there are some at a pond off of w 11th in eugene