Any country music fans out there!?!

H

halibuthitman

if you mean Cash, waylon, david allen coe and haggerd... yes.. if you mean gentry paisley Brooks and urban... no

G

GraphiteZen

However, Keith Urban is a great guitar player!! His whole "Keith Urban" persona is solely to sell records (obviously), but as a musician and a guitarist he KILLS dude. He's seriously good.

troutdude

troutdude

Cash rocks...er um...countries. Ever hear "Tennessee Flat Top Box"?

However, I do not listen to country (other than Cash). I'd rather not be depressed to hear of someone who, once again, got drunk and kicked their dog.

I'm not slamming anyone who likes country. It just brings me down to listen. I need something upbeat. But, I do like some stuff like Cash, Marty Robbins, Marty Stuart, Martina McBride and a few others that I can't recall.

And NOT to hijack, but does everyone know that John Carter Cash lives in Scio? No joke, I have been in his house while it was under construction.

Last edited:
C

capblack

if you mean Cash, waylon, david allen coe and haggerd... yes.. if you mean gentry paisley Brooks and urban... no

i love all the above, there are a handful of new country artists that remind me of the old ones.

M

Modest_Man

I'll take Krauss and Plant over that any day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjnaGOeHH4

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpjnaGOeHH4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpjnaGOeHH4?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Ugh, can't figure out how to embed it.

troutdude

troutdude

Yes, yes, yes!!! I was trying to recall Alison Krauss & her band Union Station. I do like her/them!

And Nickleback has a certain flare too. (I think that I got their name correct)

brandon4455

brandon4455

johnny cash is awesome, my buddy can sing just like him its cool

M

michigan_transplant

love country and bluegrass.

Obvious ones like Waylon, Johnny, and Willie. Lots of newer good bluegrass/folksy stuff like Old Crow Medicine Show, Justin Townes Earle (steve earles kid), The Felice Brothers, Ryan Bingham.

Also anyone a Townes Van Zandt fan?? Doesn't get much better than him.

G

GraphiteZen

Well, post some videos!!! This is intended to be a video thread!!!

G

GraphiteZen

I am not in the list of fans but i like the video, thanks for posting.

You probably know male vocalist from the Soggy Bottom Boys' hit "Man Of Constant Sorrow". His name is Dan Tyminski and he is from Portland. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom