Any Coho in the Sandy yet??

P
Paul
Was woundering when to start going out there and wanted to see if any of you have check it out yet.
Seems like it is getting close to that time of the year.

F
FishSchooler
Paul said:
Was woundering when to start going out there and wanted to see if any of you have check it out yet.
Seems like it is getting close to that time of the year.

They are at the mouth! All we need is for those little droplets of water to fall.

P
Paul
Well it poured Last night.......

T
Troutier Bassier
I scouted the Sandy yesterday Mornin. Looked for some fishing spots and Found 2. Good Drifting Water and A Plunking/Drifting Spot where they should be stacked up.
Its gonna rain on Labor day Weekend, Hopefully on Tuesday i can go.

But School starts on Wedness day. :(

M
Mike123
Im not gonna bother driving up till last weekend this month..
It was awesome that time last year!
Rain dance time! :D

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I scouted the Sandy yesterday Mornin. Looked for some fishing spots and Found 2. Good Drifting Water and A Plunking/Drifting Spot where they should be stacked up.
QUOTE]

...is the key word... If the water is fast (that's what I assume your "drifting spot" means), they wouldn't be stacked up. They stack at obstacles, like dams, small waterfalls, etc.

F
FishSchooler
Paul said:
Well it poured Last night.......

It did? It sure wasn't here. Are you located in sandy?

T
Troutier Bassier
No really? (sarcasam)
There is a Narrow Slot with Fast Water. Where they Come Up and there is a Spot with Slow Moving Water behined Shallow Water.

T
tnffishman
Troutier Bassier said:
Its gonna rain on Labor day Weekend, Hopefully on Tuesday i can go.

But School starts on Wedness day. :(

I am also headed up tuesday, but I am gonna try my luck at Eagle Creek. If it rains like it's supposed to they'll be there. I already had five on by this time last year

M
Mike123
Troutier Bassier said:
No really? (sarcasam)
There is a Narrow Slot with Fast Water. Where they Come Up and there is a Spot with Slow Moving Water behined Shallow Water.

Sounds like that would be a good spot to fish! Mind telling me the coordinates?
:D

F
FishSchooler
tnffishman said:
I am also headed up tuesday, but I am gonna try my luck at Eagle Creek. If it rains like it's supposed to they'll be there. I already had five on by this time last year

Think you mean Cedar Creek... unless you are talking about trying Eagle creek first. :D

Troutier... you could of just said "pool" or "tailout" depending on what the water is like. :rolleyes:

P
Paul
so has anyone tried the sandy yet?
and where is a good spot to go to that is easy to get to without waders?

F
FishSchooler
Paul said:
so has anyone tried the sandy yet?
and where is a good spot to go to that is easy to get to without waders?

Dabney, Oxbow, Dodge, and Cedar Creek all have great access for the waderless, you just need waders to get to the best spots.;)

F
FishKiller23
I was near the I 84 bridge and the railroad bridge today and I saw a few push up pretty cool to see I tried but I didn't catch any. It seemed like they were not stoping for any thing. Good luck

P
Paul
I have been fishing for a while in my life and i am not a newb. But this week has been horrible to me and I am so dissapointed that I am at the point of rage.
I will tell you the short version of the whole story.
Fished 4 days in a row counting this morning. Hooked and fought 9 Silvers in the 4 days, 3 of which snapped my line and the rest spit out my hook right after I got them very close to the shore. I saw every fish I hooked so they werent snags.
What I think the problem is mostly, 12lb Test!! and Operator Error!
Im getting a new spool of 20lb and im gonna go out and Murder those Dam silvers like there is no tommorrow!!!

T
Troutier Bassier
Paul,
Im sorry to hear about your Troubles. Im planning on using 15lb with 10 Leader. ;)
Did this happen on the Sandy? If you would like to PM Me on Where that would be nice.

P
Paul
Good luck with that.
Yes sandy.

T
Troutier Bassier
Hahaha, I was kidding,
12lb Leader.
And Wowowow, On the Sandy? You hooked 9!! Jeez!

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Hahaha, I was kidding,
12lb Leader.
And Wowowow, On the Sandy? You hooked 9!! Jeez!

Good luck with 12 lb leader

T
Troutier Bassier
Good luck with no Leader!