Any chinook in the water yet?

M
meatwad1666
has anyone had any luck or seen chinook in the waters yet i am anticipating this spring chinook season i hear it ganna be a good one

P
Phil_Bud
Yes there are a few spring chinook in the rivers. And I also heard it was going to be a good year. As of a week ago. In the Umpqua I've heard of 6 being caught. As for the Rogue only one. Sure those numbers are higher. Theres a slight chance of picking one up from what I understand. Just going to get better and better. They say after this storm system and high water there will be a lot more fish that have made their way into the river systems...Good luck out there!

M
meatwad1666
wootzor can't wait for them i didn't get a chance last year to go after them but im ready this year

N
nwfish
Actually quite a few fish in the Willamette, will have to wait for it to clear to get after them. The Columbia is kicking out a few but I don't expect great things from that river this year because the season is almost a month before the fish show up. More of that "opportunity" stuff they like to talk about without any chance of us actually hurting a fish.

M
Mad dog
Hmmm, I know of a Spring Chinook jack that was seen in the North Umpqua 2 days ago! :D

M
mikeredding
Mad dog said:
Hmmm, I know of a Spring Chinook jack that was seen in the North Umpqua 2 days ago! :D

Was it "seen" or caught?

N
nwfish
"wootzor" what exactly is that?

S
SantiamDrifter
Fish are being caught every day in the CR and lower willy. Not every boat, but enough to say you wont be wasting you time if you do try.

J
JeannaJigs
18# chromer so chrome it had that insane blue hue to it caught on the Columbia this morning. Hellacious day in a 12 foot boat with massive waves but the fish are in. There will be a report with a picture later I'm sure. It's a long haul but I'm gonna have to go back up there Sunday.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
18# chromer so chrome it had that insane blue hue to it caught on the Columbia this morning. Hellacious day in a 12 foot boat with massive waves but the fish are in. There will be a report with a picture later I'm sure. It's a long haul but I'm gonna have to go back up there Sunday.

Whatchoo talkin bout Jeanna?

T
Troutier Bassier
They have been catching springers on the lower C for a while now! They're just starting to move up through I-5 and should be in good numbers in about 3 weeks.
Good luck!

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Whatchoo talkin bout Jeanna?

Went on a little adventure instead of going to work today ;) Andy will post a report I'm sure. There's a picture on my Facebook though you can see :)

T
Thuggin4Life
MMmm! 18lber! i wonder who caught that one? MMMMmmmm! Yeah lowest willamette and columbia area is producing fish. Not a lot but some for those who really want one bad enough. Lower C is to much of a monkey show for my little boat. In three weeks you wont be abe to fish the I 5 stretch if odfw and burger king have anything in common.

T
Troutier Bassier
200061_1314949770741_1740624333_586827_5237951_n.jpg

Mrs. Jeanna, I hope you do not mind me posting the picture on OFF.

R
rippin fish lips
any reports on anything bein caught on the umpqua this last 10 days??

J
JeannaJigs
No first hand reports, but I pretty much guarantee fish are being murdered down there.

C_Run
C_Run
24 springers caught in the Rougue last Wednesday per Bandon Western World report of March 31.

T
Thuggin4Life
I wouldn't waste your time fishing for springers in oregon.

J
JeannaJigs
GUIDE FREAKIN' STATUS! Ha ha! Why didn't you guide me into fish yo.....I want a refund.

T
Troutier Bassier
Fishing has been slow in the portland area, Talked to Dean Pierce and he said that since the water is high the fish have just been blowing upstream.