Any bowfishers out there?

G
gonefirefighting
been doing a lot of carp sticking in the central oregon and southern oregon area on the toons, anyone else flingin string?

R
RIVERFISHER
gonefirefighting said:
been doing a lot of carp sticking in the central oregon and southern oregon area on the toons, anyone else flingin string?

i have a little bit but got rid of my good bow ...... now i got an older jennings i picked up at a garage sale and it had a fish stickin setup on it... so now im just waiting to get on out...carp around here have been a little quiet lateley tho.. usually in some of these ponds they are thicker than the hydrilya growin in the pond and now few and far between...

J
joesnuffy
Iv'e thought about doing it but it seems a little crewl. What do you do with the carp? Let em' go to die or take them home?

F
Fisher.King
You can't release fish taken with a bow, it's waste of game or something because they most always die from the puncture wound. As for what to do with them, they are edible, just skin them and remove the fatty parts like every other fish.

F
Fisher.King
joesnuffy said:
Iv'e thought about doing it but it seems a little crewl. What do you do with the carp? Let em' go to die or take them home?

You can't release fish taken with a bow, it's waste of game or something because they most always die from the puncture wound. As for what to do with them, they are edible, just skin them and remove the fatty parts like every other fish.

I've recently been looking into bowfishing and don't have and equipment but I'm looking at reels and spools and arrows, my father is supplying me with a compound bow, hopefully :pray:.