Any Bass lately?

S
SalmonStalker
Ughhhh....:(i have been waiting and waiting for the weather to warm, and the water is well. Any Luck anywhere during the cold months? Local like portland area?
:shock:

C
colbypearson
i got one yesterday about a 2.5 lbr 41 degree water :shock: i wsnt expecting a fish but i thouhed the day out and got one first largemoth of 2010 jan,30th 2010

T
Throbbit _Shane
Congrats Colby on your first largemouth of the year. Did u catch it at the Expo ponds?

Im thinking about fishing the Rogue tomorrow.

S
SalmonStalker
Nice Colby, where did u catch it? And on what?

C
colbypearson
got it at the jackson county expo ponds in abotu 15 feet of water the water temp was in the very low 40's made it kinda sketchy for fishing :shock:i was inda surprised once i read the temp on my guage i thought i wouldnt even get a bite in that water granted it was the 4th time i have been there this month in my kickboat it was freeing but it was the only fish for january i just wanted to prove to myself that i can get bass any time any place where they are so thats why i was so dedicated to go out so many times in january it was kinda liek a new years resolution to challenge myself for bass in harsh winters now i know there is atleast a few fish active i will have more reports of bass i hope :) last year id dint get my first largmouth last year till early march but then again i didn't fish as much as early-----i got my first bass of the year at shasta it was a spotted bass witch is the most active bass species in cold water active in the low 40's largemouth prefer 50 and above so it was definitely a treat for me--------i got it on a shakeyhead fished real slow along the bottom

other good winter bass rigs for m in oregon : senko's-dropshots-jigs-tubes-occasionally ripbaits-shakeyheads-texas rigs all fished as slow as you can possibly stand :rolleyes: its a tough to go out there and do good but tough it out and there are bass in oregon that will hit in the tough winter conditions we have :D:D

J
JASMINE
My buddy and I fished green peter this past saturday. Water temp was a chilly 45 degrees, though we each did manage one bass, our first January bass so we were pretty pleased about that. He caught his on a dart jig head with a green tube, i caught mine drop shotting a 6 inch lizard. Both were caught in 15-20 feet of water. His was a really nice bass, abou ta 2 1/2-3 pounder, mine was a dink, probably around 12 inches.

T
Troutier Bassier
Bro we should go to Chinook for smallies sometime.

S
SalmonStalker
Yeah this weekend maybe saturday.