Any action near the bowling alley yet?

I
Ideceivefish
Anyone?

F
Fishtopher
Do people fish there for Winter Steelhead? Everytime I go by there it looks like the water is too high and all the bank is gone!

D
dude young
Water is WAY high. No bank. Just cliff. Was able to run a prop. drive sled all the way up to High Rocks yeasterday. Didn't even bother dropping anchor.

The guy I was fishing with fished Friday as well. Said the Willy rose about 5 feet over night. Tons of crap in the water fowling our gear. Had a plate of eggs in front of me by 9:30.

M
metalmania
It's more of a coho spot then winter steel.

I
Ideceivefish
The water was very low 4 days ago. 15 people fishing. I went today for 2 hours, water was too high, but again there was 10+ people fishing from 205 to 99. There MUST be fish in there because that's how they get to Eagle Creek and else ware.

I
Ideceivefish
dude young said:
Water is WAY high. No bank. Just cliff. Was able to run a prop. drive sled all the way up to High Rocks yeasterday. Didn't even bother dropping anchor.

The guy I was fishing with fished Friday as well. Said the Willy rose about 5 feet over night. Tons of crap in the water fowling our gear. Had a plate of eggs in front of me by 9:30.

A plate of Chicken eggs or Steelhead eggs? :)

D
dude young
Ideceivefish said:
A plate of Chicken eggs or Steelhead eggs? :)

Can't say I've ever tried to fry a steelhead egg. How do you break the shell?

I always end a day of fishing with a plate of eggs and meat. Only difference between a good day and a bad day... ...good day ends with steelhead/salmon/trout hash, not bacon.

Yesterday, I had bacon. :(

N
ninja2010
how does one get to the bowling alley hole?

M
meluvtrout
ninja2010 said:
how does one get to the bowling alley hole?

Take the exit for Fisherman's at OC(exit 9 I believe). Follow the road, pass the mall and cross the steel bridge. Take a right at the lights and the old Bowling Alley will be on your right. You'll see a gate that blocks an open field. Park close to that and follow the white rabbit(or the trail) :)

N
ninja2010
Thx MLT.

I
ironworker
as far as the bowling alley is concerned

as far as the bowling alley is concerned

Ideceivefish said:

mostly all people do is floss/snag at the bowling hole. If you do not know where the fish are by now your not a steelhead fisherman.
Please don't be another snagger!

Y
Yentz
ironworker said:
mostly all people do is floss/snag at the bowling hole. If you do not know where the fish are by now your not a steelhead fisherman.

Telling someone they are not a steelhead fisher, just because they asked a question, is being pretty dickish.

I have very little doubt that the OP is a responsible angler, and wouldn't try and snag fish. While the bowling alley spot may be a popular spot, assuming everyone there just snags their fish, when the vast majority catch them correctly, is just being ignorant.

Last edited:
G
GreenDrifter
The bowling ally hole is a snagging hole. You have to pass your snagging test before you can fish there.

T
TTFishon
ironworker said:

Damn dude! Pretty bold for a first post. How can you be so presumptuous. Who cares if he's a steelhead fisherman? Maybe he's a bass fisherman wanting to get into some steelhead. Who are you to judge? You remind me of some people from another site called I......

S
stonesworth
WOW It got deep in here fast !! Many legally caught fish have been caught in and around that hole. People snag but if you dont you will be fine and might even get into some fish..

T
TTFishon
Sorry, that guy just struck a nerve in me.

O
OnTheDrop
Ive caught over 50 fish in there legally!

M
Mike123
If this were the Nazi regime(Ifish) Ironworker you'd be banned for a firts post like that. :lol:

Here at OFF, were about second chances. :D:lol:

F
Fishtopher
:lol::lol::lol:

S
santiamsailor
Friday clack

Friday clack

Going to do some bank fishing on the clack on friday, first time in many years. anyone have some advice for tackle/bait been down south on the santiams last 8 years and most likely similar just wondering. thanks:D