Antelope Flat Reservoir

Irishrover
Irishrover
Here is a nice get a way fishing reservoir. It is tucked up into the Maury Mountains in the Ochoco National Forest. It's about 170 acres of water with ponderosa pines and a so so camp ground. At times the fishing is great! It's about 14 miles south off the Post Paulina Hwy. Motors are allowed but float tubes and pontoons work well up there. I have never seen more that two boats on the lake at a time. I fly fish the lake but is open to all fishing methods. It's also open all year but there really is no way to fish it once the snow piles up. Here is a picture of one of the fat bow that are up there.

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Love those hidden jewels...

Love those hidden jewels...

Irishrover said:
Here is a nice get a way fishing reservoir. It is tucked up into the Maury Mountains in the Ochoco National Forest. It's about 170 acres of water with ponerosa pines and a so so camp ground. At times the fishing is great! It's a bout 14 miles south of the Post Paulina Hwy. Motors are allowed but float tubes and pontoons work well up there. I have never seen more that two boats on the lake at a time. I fly fish the lake but is open to all fishing methods. It's also open all year but there really is no way to fish it once the snow piles up. Here is a picture of one of the fat bow that are up there.

You gotta love those hidden jewels, thanks for the information and directions; there is just to much water and not enough time.....what's a person to do..Nice fatty :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

F
Fishtopher
Ha! I fished here several years back while on a doe hunt! C&R a nice fat 16"er! On a marshmallow!

Nice fish!

Irishrover
Irishrover
There are some lunkers up there, and not too many people. I only get up there once every couple of years. Just too dang many nice places to fish out here.

C
cookshot
Trout only up there?

Irishrover
Irishrover
cookshot said:
Trout only up there?
Trout are the mainstay, however there are now some catfish.

Last edited: