Another Timothy Lake question??

S
susqwahanna
Are there paddle or boat in camp spots around the lake where you could find a little more solitude than in the designated campgrounds?

If so does anyone have any beta on them??

thanks

I
I Grade
I am afraid I don't know where that is. I only fish at Timothy Meadows.

B
Bohemian
Does this never end :)

Seriously though I doubt I will ever post a question (and I have many) on this forum for fear of endless ridicule.

M
mudslinging79
i think there is a hike in boat in campground, the ranger station should have the info bout it.

A
Anyfishisfine
Meditation Point campground is hike/boat in only. It is on the NW part of the lake. I was thinking of canoeing out there to camp this summer.

H
Hook
susqwahanna..
PM sent to you!

Irishrover
Irishrover
susqwahanna said:
Are there paddle or boat in camp spots around the lake where you could find a little more solitude than in the designated campgrounds?

If so does anyone have any beta on them??

thanks
Since you ask a valid question I'll give you an honest answer. Yes you can boat in and camp. I've seen folks camp on the northwest side of the lake by boating in. Also if go up north and go though the narrows the lake opens again and folk boat in camp up in that area. The lake does see quite a few visitors at times but you can get away because the Forest Service camp grounds are on the east side. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay. Anyfishisfine is right with regard to Meditation Point! Nice boat in camp spot.

Last edited:
S
susqwahanna
meditation point?? I'll check it out!!

thanks!!

Is the main road open yet? or do I have to go up Ripplebrook this weekend?