Another suprise summer!

T
tnffishman
Well the plan today was North Fork Res. for swimming, but the cops had the road blocked off just past Faraday cause some guy had a gun up there. So I headed to my new favorite spot on the Clack for some fishing and swimming. Thank goodness I still had my gear in my car from yesterday! Sometimes it pays off to be too lazy to take your gear out of your car:lol:

So I get down there and two guys are down there keepin dark nooks and I walk up and on my third cast with my fly rod hook what I think is a nook, and fight it downriver a ways and discover that it is a lot brighter than I originally thought. And unlike yesterday, when I lost 4 steelies, I landed it and was stoaked. Nice little 7-8 pounder. So suprised.

Also landed a 10 pound nook, and lost a 25+ pounder:shock: It had me in my backing and wasn't stoppin, I tried to put the brakes on and it came unbuttoned
All in all a fun day, crazy how it turned out!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice man sounds like the guy with the gun did you a favor.

T
todd_brooks
NICE! Can I ask what you got em on fly wise? I've fished that stretch of water a couple times in the last week or so. See fish but can seem to buy a bight.

T
tnffishman
todd_brooks said:
NICE! Can I ask what you got em on fly wise? I've fished that stretch of water a couple times in the last week or so. See fish but can seem to buy a bight.

I have had hookups on orange beads, but mostly olive colored nymphs. Yesterday I could see the fish, but not today. I believe it's less what your using and more about getting the right drift in front of them

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job! Good to see ya getting into them up there. I am going on Thursday hope to see out there.

FF

O
OnTheFly
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice man sounds like the guy with the gun did you a favor.

lmao!

T
tnffishman
fishingfreak said:
Nice Job! Good to see ya getting into them up there. I am going on Thursday hope to see out there.

FF

Man I want to get up there again bad, but definitely need new waders. Swimtrunks won't cut it every day lol. My dad might be up there thursday, It's either there or the wilson, I told him to go there

O
OnTheFly
Nice fish! Good thing you ended up being prepared. Watch out for that reel handle. It can really throttle your thumb.:)

T
tnffishman
OnTheFly said:
Nice fish! Good thing you ended up being prepared. Watch out for that reel handle. It can really throttle your thumb.:)

Tell me about it! I had a silver about break my thumb last year, I learned my lesson. Now it's far away when the fish powers up on a screemin run!

F
fishingfreak
I will be there Thursday morning! If I See him I will say hello! Were you running Beads again!

FF

T
tnffishman
fishingfreak said:
I will be there Thursday morning! If I See him I will say hello! Were you running Beads again!

FF

You know it! Thanks again for showing me how to target those steel up there monday

F
fishingfreak
:DYour welcome brother no problem!
FF

troutdude
troutdude
How many times must I tell guys w/ guns...that they do NOT have to shoot their fish??? Sheesh! LOL :wall::wall::wall:

Glad to see that he got you to back up, and try the Clack. Way to go man.

I hope that monster nook, doesn't get himself all tangled up in your line backing! :lol::lol::lol:

T
tnffishman
troutdude said:
How many times must I tell guys w/ guns...that they do NOT have to shoot their fish??? Sheesh! LOL :wall::wall::wall:

Glad to see that he got you to back up, and try the Clack. Way to go man.

I hope that monster nook, doesn't get himself all tangled up in your line backing! :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah my friends were bummed that we couldn't get to North Fork, but I was secretly smiling from ear to ear on the inside. And that nook straight up whooped my but

B
bigfootfish
Sweet fish! Keep 'em coming!

BFF