Another rod build

R
ryan808
While wrapping a few rods for some of our fellow OFFers, I figured why not a swimbait rod for me. I ended up painting a XMG blank pearl white and decided to go with a wrap less look. Wrapping pearl thread on the pearl blank turned out to be a pretty cool combo, the wraps look invisible.

• DSC05976.jpg
  • C360_2011-01-27 17-28-08.jpg
  • C360_2011-01-27 17-30-39.jpg
M
Moe
sweet rod man!

T
tomriker
lookin' good

S
skunk
Nice, nice, nice. I'm about to tackle my first rod build, guess I know who to bug with my questions.

R
ryan808
Skunk, let me know I'll be glad to help out.

R
ryan808
TR, not as nice as the monster I brought down last week. I wanted something more subtle than those 5 lb throwing machines :lol:

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
TR, not as nice as the monster I brought down last week. I wanted something more subtle than those 5 lb throwing machines :lol:

Actually get to come home this weekend will be lookin to fish sat/sun let me know if ya want to come down! Oh and sweet rod but I will be happy I went with the broomstick when that 10 lber finally hits!

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Well am gonna put the reel on here in a few TR had his on before I left ! We will have to see who gets out first to try them and find out but I believe TR was smiling so far ? They are awesome and the spinner is a feather , once again I am floored by the quality . Thanks Ryan !

T
tomriker
yes ryan thanks, i went down to the dock by the boat and threw it a few times can't wait to pull out some baby bass this spawning season with em :)

R
ryan808
Thanks for the words, it was my pleasure building the rods. Now lets see who catches the first fish on the new rods.

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Thanks for the words, it was my pleasure building the rods. Now lets see who catches the first fish on the new rods.

Not fair hes got more fish LOL . Cool stuff on the boat ,you and your little sidekick are welcome anytime to get the boat out. Your mess box is full>

R
ryan808
Thanks, the box has been cleared.

C
colbypearson
thats sweet dude what are the technical stats, like rod rating line rating weight rating etc... length? if you make one for really big baits make sure to make it have a really long handle atleast past your elbow by a few inches from the reel seat in your palm, that is sweet though dude! great job!