Another great day of fly fishing

L
lilsalmon
Bigsteel, Fluffyfisherman, and I hit the Santiam yesterday. We started out at Big Cliff...not a thing happening, for me anyway. Fluffyfisherman got at least one trout that I seen and had a steel on his line. We then moved to the Little North Fork....found an awesome spot. We had the place to ourselves and fished the rest of the day there. I will let them tell you how successful they were but I caught 8 feisty little trout. They were all beautiful. This pic is one of the last ones I caught and one of the biggest. There is another pic but fluffy has it on his camera and I will add it later. It was a great day, the weather was perfect, the water was beautiful. All were, of course, released unharmed and wagging their tales as they went.........

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
aiight, yer gonna have to school me on flyfishing girlie. I've tried it in the past and my performance was pathetic.

L
lilsalmon
Hah....I still have so much to learn. I call it flailing about. Women are said to make better fly fisher persons because we have more finesse...when I was given my characteristics I thought it said finish instead of finesse and I said I was done........:redface: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Do you guys use 3 weights rods for the trout there? Looks like fun!

L
lilsalmon
steelhead_stalkers said:
Do you guys use 3 weights rods for the trout there? Looks like fun!

I use a 6 wt because that is all I own. It is a lot of fun. I got the first one, which is the one I don't have a pic of yet, but my excitement was almost embarrassing...hehe. But that is what it is all about, right?

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like another great day on the water; and your already a pro!

M
Moe
Great Job!

F
FishFinger
Do you fish much above Detroit? There's lots of great water on up to mile post 87 or so.

L
lilsalmon
FishFinger said:
Do you fish much above Detroit? There's lots of great water on up to mile post 87 or so.

I haven't but will be real soon. You fish there I take it?

B
bigsteel
that was a fun day chasing trout,,,,and hitting every little bit of pocket water paid off.