Another (early) one bites the dust!

B
bran_man
Decided to make a quick trip out to Armitage (Just up past Oregon Rod, Reel and tackle(-: ) to fish for an hour or two before the wife got off from work. A day as nice as today would have been a sin if I didn't fish at some point during the day. Well I wasn't really expecting any action except maybe a few trout like always.... but then switched to the float and not after long, it went under and game on!!! Only fished for about and hour and go back in time for the wife to come home! great day made even better!! Nice Bright, and thick hen (30in. and probably 6 1/2 lbs)! pretty average steelhead for our area

• SecondEarlySummer!.jpg
Diehard
Diehard
wow very nice lookin fish good job on the ketchin

S
skunk
Nice job

S
SALTYFISH
Nice, I been hitting it hard for a early summer. But these winter's wont leave me alone:D

B
bran_man
Hey there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're hooking into something fun! Where are you still catching winters? I did not have a very good winter season :( And I tried A LOT!!! Ha ha

N
nwkiller
nice fish man

S
SALTYFISH
bran_man said:
Hey there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're hooking into something fun! Where are you still catching winters? I did not have a very good winter season :( And I tried A LOT!!! Ha ha

I'm done with the coast till next season. So i'v been fishing right here in my back yard;)
But there is no hatchery program for the winter's here so they all get let go. It's kinda funny i fished the coast hard all winter and only tagged a couple, and i fish in by back yard and i bang more fish in 1 month than i did all winter on the coast!

R
rippin fish lips
dang bro! nice fish!! I have been out trying to get that early summer, with no luck but trout yet! gunna keep hitting it hard tho! So far i haved banked from leaburg down to harvest with no action from any steelies! they are pretty spread out since there isn't that many yet. numbers are goin up fast tho!

H
Hawk
Well Done Bro.
she is a reel Beauty.
:clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool:

B
bran_man
rippin fish lips said:
dang bro! nice fish!! I have been out trying to get that early summer, with no luck but trout yet! gunna keep hitting it hard tho! So far i haved banked from leaburg down to harvest with no action from any steelies! they are pretty spread out since there isn't that many yet. numbers are goin up fast tho!

Yeah they are still pretty low in numbers, but they are definitely there. Heard of quite a few being caught (including myself (-; ) but it will only be getting better and better as each day passes. Have you tried fishing hayden bridge area? I've heard of a couple around there and harvest lane.

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Yeah they are still pretty low in numbers, but they are definitely there. Heard of quite a few being caught (including myself (-; ) but it will only be getting better and better as each day passes. Have you tried fishing hayden bridge area? I've heard of a couple around there and harvest lane.

Yeah i have been hitting havest area every week with nuthin yet. I know they are there and at harvest right now, tried harvest today but hard to get good access points at harvest this time of year. Hayden on the other hand... i will pull a couple out from there this year. i know it :p

B
bran_man
Good luck to ya!

R
rippin fish lips
bran_man said:
Good luck to ya!

Went to hayden today for a few hours. Once again couldnt keep them darn trout off my line while i was going for that early steelhead!! I got one SOLID HIT that im almost 100% sure was a steelie. Came home with nothin to show for the steelhead. and a couple pics of 2 really nice cutties.