Anchors Columbia river style

B
boberdown
FOUND THIS COMPANY ON CRAIGS LIST! AND THIS IS A VERY GOOD PRICE ON COLUMBIA STYLE BOAT ANCHORS.

Date: 2010-02-21, 1:59PM

Small (12 inches/15 lbs.) - $22.00
Medium (16 inches/22 lbs.) - $28.00
Large (22 inches/28 lbs.) - $30.00
*Prices do not include shipping*
Contact Information: Beko’s Welding (503)266-3507 8:00 am-4:30 pm

T
Thuggin4Life
Can someone please tell me what this columbia style is?

F
FishFinger
An anchor fabricated to hold in rockier condition and easier to get un-snagged . It has two connection points. The first usually held w/ a zip tie to get the conventional anchor action, the second it a rigid connection low on the shaft. It it get snagged the zip tie breaks, which changes the "pull point" allowing it to be lifted out.

T
Thuggin4Life
Ahah thanks thought maybe it had to do with bouys and break aways. makes sense so One would be good to have on any river that has a rocky bottom like when i anchor up in the willamette here in town for springer it could come in handy.

R
rainman
FishFinger said:
An anchor fabricated to hold in rockier condition and easier to get un-snagged . It has two connection points. The first usually held w/ a zip tie to get the conventional anchor action, the second it a rigid connection low on the shaft. It it get snagged the zip tie breaks, which changes the "pull point" allowing it to be lifted out.

It helps to add several feet of chain to the end of the anchor rope. I've got 3 ft. of chain for my 15ft Smokercraft, and it almost always sticks on the first try.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i was thinking about do that.

O
osmosis
Those are good prices..

I run 8' of 3/8" chain on mine.
I take it you got rid of that danforth there FishFinger!

I run a CR anchor in the Willy and always stick.

I know it's off topic to this post: but always remember to use the apropriate amount of scope when anchoring in large rivers with decent current!
Let out enough anchor rode to equal 5 to 7 times the depth where you dropped your anchor, except in soft water you can get away with less. This means for every foot of depth you need to use from 5 to 7 feet of line.

S
Specialed
I just bought one too. The folks there are really nice and I would definitely recommend them to you all...

S
StreamFixer
I have one of those 28#. Great anchor. Used it once and then was gifted a collapsible of same basic design.

Room is always essential on my boat so the CR type 28# is now up for the first $25 that shows up.

It's in Oregon City.

StreamFixer

Top Bottom