Anchors Columbia river style

B
boberdown
FOUND THIS COMPANY ON CRAIGS LIST! AND THIS IS A VERY GOOD PRICE ON COLUMBIA STYLE BOAT ANCHORS.

Date: 2010-02-21, 1:59PM

Small (12 inches/15 lbs.) - $22.00
Medium (16 inches/22 lbs.) - $28.00
Large (22 inches/28 lbs.) - $30.00
*Prices do not include shipping*
Contact Information: Beko’s Welding (503)266-3507 8:00 am-4:30 pm

T
Thuggin4Life
Can someone please tell me what this columbia style is?

F
FishFinger
An anchor fabricated to hold in rockier condition and easier to get un-snagged . It has two connection points. The first usually held w/ a zip tie to get the conventional anchor action, the second it a rigid connection low on the shaft. It it get snagged the zip tie breaks, which changes the "pull point" allowing it to be lifted out.

T
Thuggin4Life
Ahah thanks thought maybe it had to do with bouys and break aways. makes sense so One would be good to have on any river that has a rocky bottom like when i anchor up in the willamette here in town for springer it could come in handy.

R
rainman

It helps to add several feet of chain to the end of the anchor rope. I've got 3 ft. of chain for my 15ft Smokercraft, and it almost always sticks on the first try.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i was thinking about do that.

O
osmosis
Those are good prices..

I run 8' of 3/8" chain on mine.
I take it you got rid of that danforth there FishFinger!

I run a CR anchor in the Willy and always stick.

I know it's off topic to this post: but always remember to use the apropriate amount of scope when anchoring in large rivers with decent current!
Let out enough anchor rode to equal 5 to 7 times the depth where you dropped your anchor, except in soft water you can get away with less. This means for every foot of depth you need to use from 5 to 7 feet of line.

S
Specialed
I just bought one too. The folks there are really nice and I would definitely recommend them to you all...

S
StreamFixer
I have one of those 28#. Great anchor. Used it once and then was gifted a collapsible of same basic design.

Room is always essential on my boat so the CR type 28# is now up for the first $25 that shows up.

It's in Oregon City.

StreamFixer