An old lady came down to the river where we were fishing, and then things got weird

A

Anyfishisfine

Mgdguy and I hit Oxbow this morning looking for some summer steelhead action. We didn't catch any fish (Mgdguy got a bunch of smolt/small trout), but were instead witnesses to bizarre happenings.

Having discovered my pole had a broken eyelet, I was having a hard time getting my fishing grove on, when I noticed a person walking slowly past us on the bank holding a large rock over their head. I thought it was a kid doing a kid thing, but events were just about to show me how wrong a person can be.

Mgdguy gave me a WTF!?! glance, and I said "It's just a kid", but he pointed out it was an old person, of ambiguous gender. It was an odd thing, but about then a nice steelhead jumped in front of us, and we continued with important things.

Minutes pass and I hear a horrified Mgdguy: "I sure hope that's a dude!"

I glance over to see the old person is in fact an old lady (obvious in ways that will scar me for life), and she is completely naked, and she is on her hands and knees crawling into the water.

Now I have to say that I'm sure many of us have had the childhood fantasy of a woman coming down to where we are fishing and doing this. Let me say, where fantasy meets reality isn't a pretty place, no sir it isn't.

Finally she got dressed and left, until she came back an hour later and did it again.

Odd day.

Last edited:
Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Help

Help

I hope you or someone called the police to help her. People like that are in need of supervision and medical help. She could have had a stroke or any number of things. Please tell us someone did the right thing and she is now being cared for.
Be safe.
Barb

A

Anyfishisfine

She seemed lucid, almost like it was a new-age hippy thing.

We tried to do the right thing by pretending not to notice.

P

PDXKush

MAn I would have tossed a 6oz at her lol. Too crazy...BTW where did you guys fish @ Oxbow? I was there the other day and hit the boatramp and the horseshoe a 1/2 mile downstream.

A

Anyfishisfine

MAn I would have tossed a 6oz at her lol. Too crazy...BTW where did you guys fish @ Oxbow? I was there the other day and hit the boatramp and the horseshoe a 1/2 mile downstream.

Yeah, we were at Oxbow trying a new spot just before the boatramp where the river splits to form an island. Tons of big fish jumping, but we couldn't convince them to bite.

I think I like my hike-in spot there better. Less people.

R

rainman

Strokes can do weird things to the human brain, no two are alike.
Maybe she's been pocketing her meds and not taking them;
Maybe she's suffering from dementia, and in her mind she's back to her childhood. I saw an old lady waiting at the end of the driveway for her carpool. and she hadn't worked in decades. Very sad.
Hope she's where she's supposed to be.

A

Anyfishisfine

She had another stroke today, and it was cold out too!

My burning eyes. That place is forever known as Naked Lady Drift.

Here is the weird part. There was only like one other car in the park this morning, and it wasn't hers.

R

rainman

She seemed lucid, almost like it was a new-age hippy thing.

We tried to do the right thing by pretending not to notice.

Depending on her issues, it most likely seemed very real and normal, to her. Could very well be some sort of medicinal side effect, or mental issue of some sort.

A

Anyfishisfine

Depending on her issues, it most likely seemed very real and normal, to her. Could very well be some sort of medicinal side effect, or mental issue of some sort.

Seems to be a Monday morning thing for her. It was Monday last time as well.