An afternoon with the grandson

F
Finneus Polebender
Had the Dominator out for an afternoon of fishin today . Not only did he hook every fish I couldnt "think we caught 20 blue gill and a dozen small bass". He hauled in this pig during the evening round ........... Dominics 2 best 6-3 001.jpg then closed the evening nailing this beauty .......... Dominics 2 best 6-3 004.jpg........all by himself while grandpa was loading up.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go!!!

Looks like he had a blast!

L
lilsalmon
another nice day, Gramps!

C
cowboysfan
I had the chance to take my Grandson fishing once they live in N.C. It was so cool. I am envious of you!

troutdude
troutdude
I'll be lookin' for Mr. Dominator on the Pro Circuit!

W
wozniasm
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

T
tomriker
Any luck with topwater yet? I have 3 rods with 3 different topwaters rigged up ready to go thismorning... Overkill? Maybe... Hoping the overcast will help!!

D
dtikey
sweet job for the little man

O
OnTheFly
Is he happy or what? Almost like he's showing you what he got and you didn't.:D

F
Finneus Polebender
THX All
tomriker said:
Any luck with topwater yet? I have 3 rods with 3 different topwaters rigged up ready to go thismorning... Overkill? Maybe... Hoping the overcast will help!!

Yep the last bass of the day dominic got smacked " fish came out of the water to get it" by that 1lber just as he lifted his bait out of the water. Wish you all could have heard that kid yellin fish on he was extremely excited! He told the fish when he threw him back not to scare him like that again I about fell over.

Is he happy or what? Almost like he's showing you what he got and you didn't.

He was running over all afternoon when I would get a bite and throwing his bobber on mine so he could hook the fish for me LOL He was reveling in the fact he was catching more fish than Grandpa couldnt wait to tell Grandma the smile is genuine!

Last edited:
S
sherman
Thats absolutely fantastic that you get such quality time with the grand kids Dave. Hey will you adopt me?

C
colt
tomriker said:

I am told that for largemouth, topwaters are great for pre-spawn and right after spawn. During spawn, slowing down and using soft plastics work better. For smallmouth you can use spinnerbaits and soft plastics as well. After spawn is when things start picking up and they should be more aggressive. (At least that is what my father tells me. He's the "Fishing Expert" in my family.)

C
colt
Oh by the way, the grin on the kids face is priceless. Can't make him any happier than that. I am jealous of those fish!

Keep on catching!

D
DYJ
Hey, I know that kid.... I blame his dad for my steelhead addiction :lol: Well done out there.

T
tomriker
colt said:
I am told that for largemouth, topwaters are great for pre-spawn and right after spawn. During spawn, slowing down and using soft plastics work better. For smallmouth you can use spinnerbaits and soft plastics as well. After spawn is when things start picking up and they should be more aggressive. (At least that is what my father tells me. He's the "Fishing Expert" in my family.)
I caught lots and they're already spawned out at my place :)

H
Hendo30
smile says it all. Great work FP on getting out there and creating the memories.

bass
bass
Great job taking your grandson out. Looks like a day of awesome fishing and smiles.

T
Toyracer38
That looks like one very happy kid! Great job Gramp's! Can't wait for mine to get old enough to take out!

F
Finneus Polebender
DYJ said:
Hey, I know that kid.... I blame his dad for my steelhead addiction :lol: Well done out there.

He is definitely a chip off the old block! Kid wont stop fishin till you force him in the car......makes grandpa pretty proud!