Amazing Phsycic Stickleback Personal Best Birthday!

F
Finneus Polebender
So I had to go check out the new reel for a bit before dinner "right " so I went down to the tractor pond for a bit brought the bait of confidence on the new rod set up , a black strike king jig tipped with Stickleback bass edition wigglers, and a spiner bait. Started off given them equal casts until the ol bait of confidence started gettin bit .Caught this little guy P4110619.jpg then got bit a bunck by some like him hooked one a bit bigger lost him at the toon. Then I went to cast and snap there goes my bait of confidence. Well decided to start switchin with the other two baits. After a few casts with the jig bump bump I was gettin bit on the ol Stickleback! missed a couple bites then was reelin up from a jig run and bam 3ft off the boat a 2lb LM hits my jig as its comin up wasn't ready and totaly missed the hook set . fished for around 30 more minutes then it happened ,dragging the jig across a shallow rock bed and once again bump bump . whipped her back and fish on ! runnin all over the place man this bass was fightin . On my birthday I landed my new Personal Best ...................... what the what ...........Smallmouth:think::think::think: P4110621.jpgP4110620.jpgP4110626.jpg Moral to the story Hawk is sorta phsycic, Stickleback bait works , and I am having an awesome birthday:):):)

Reactions: Hawk and colbypearson
C
colbypearson
another smallmouth out of that same pond!!?? thats crazy!

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
another smallmouth out of that same pond!!?? thats crazy!

Actually this one is out of my middle sized one its freaky catchin the red eyed devils and such, but that LM came from outta now where and smacked that jig ,gotta couple good tugs and then gone . Gonna do some more testing, but these are the first jig fish I have caught there and only after tipping it with the stickleback so we will see how further testing goes, promising so far though! thx Daehleets

J
JeannaJigs
Nice!

L
lilsalmon
Nice fishys, Dave.....Glad you had a great day on YOUR day.....

brandon4455
brandon4455
well done dave. Thats a nice smallie. :clap: the fish gods have blessed you with a good b-day present

T
TTFishon
Hmm smallies in the tractor pond huh? nice one!!! That's very cool.

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce fish!

T
tomriker
nice job, the smallies are everywhere!

T
Throbbit _Shane
sweeet!

D
daehleets
Finneus Polebender said:
Actually this one is out of my middle sized one its freaky catchin the red eyed devils and such, but that LM came from outta now where and smacked that jig ,gotta couple good tugs and then gone . Gonna do some more testing, but these are the first jig fish I have caught there and only after tipping it with the stickleback so we will see how further testing goes, promising so far though! thx Daehleets
Thnx finneus Polebender fer being the guinea pig with the freshwater bass marinate, looks like we found something the lilly pad monsters like ta eat!

T
Texas Basser
Cool story and nice pics!

R
ryan808
Nice job FP, we need to fish again one of these days.