Amazing bank fishing day

C
catfishman89
I got off work at 2:30 and decided to go try hagg for the evening bite for bass. I got there at 3:30 and started casting out my old reliable xcalibur jerkbait. I got a couple cookie cutter largemouth and then switched over to a senko. I got 4 on that twitching it on the bottom deep. The shade finally showed up and the reaction bite was ON! I had a couple short strikes on my jerkbait so I let it suspend and the fish nailed it. I got 2 largies around 2 pounds. It got sloww were I was so I headed to my other spot. I only had about 1/2hour of daylight left so I stuck with jerkbait. My first cast I pulled in a chunky 12 inched. My next cast I pulled in his twin. In the next 10 minutes I got 12 more bass. The bass that hang around and never bite decided to finally bite. Once the sunset the bite died but it was fun while it lasted. Some of those largemouth in hagg fight harder then similar sized smallies. No lunkers but a great reaction bite especially for October. I didn't get one smallmouth only largemouths and I got 22 bass total. If I was in a boat I probably could of got 40 or so but I'm trying again Saturday. The bass on average were about a foot. There stacking up and are bigger fish. This weather this weekend should move some big ones shallow.

Reactions: igquick
J
jabs67
What... No pics??? Sounds like a great day. Great job.

H
Hawk
Well Done Bro....:D

:clap::clap::clap:

:cool::cool:

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Great post! Sounds like you slammed 'em good. I'm thinking of trying senkos out by the damn in a week or so.

H
Hendo30
Well played my Jungle Friend......awesome evening indeed.....thanks for sharing and good luck on your next venture out.

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Umm...not sure if I would eat that one... :think:

bass
bass
Way to go catfishman89. Sounds like a great day for sure.

Is that last pic a starry flounder? I am assuming you caught that in the river and not Hagg. Otherwise it means someone is throwing them in Hagg which would seem to be a bad idea.

C
catfishman89
I got that out at seaside. I put it on as a joke.

bass
bass
catfishman89 said:

I thought that might be the case, but I figured I would just check and make sure. Out of curiosity, were the bass you were catching holding tight to cover or were they more out in the open?

T
troutmasta
catfishman89 said:

Wouldnt suprise me if it came from hagg.:lol:

C
catfishman89
The bigger bass were right by structure. Most of the smaller ones were more spread out and making surface splashes. I had to kind of call in the bigger ones by ripping the bait real hard and letting it suspend for a few seconds.

B
bernduffy
The late season warmth with such low levels has been a nice break for Hagg bass anglers. The sunset bite on bigger trout has been good, too. Although you need to stay with larger lure/bait offering to keep the little ones from taking up those precious few minutes. Yeah, if a bass has both eyes on the same side of its head, don't eat it. And stop fishing the Hanford waste water!
Awesome job, guy.