Aluminum boat trailer

Grayson Everett
Grayson Everett
I have recently purchased and Alumacraft Pro 185 and it has an all aluminum trailer. When I back the trailer in the water to load boat the trailer will start floating. It usually just happens on steep ramps where I have to back farther in. It makes loading the boat a challenge. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Dozens of times! You need more weight, it could be air trapped in the trailer but it's likely the bouancy of the tires.

Small lead plates screwed to the bottom of the bunks is the cleanest look but the state would probably revoke your license for life at the thought alone

It's how we solved it in Florida, remelted tire weights into 2"x12" strips and mounted them to the underside of the wooden bunks

On the uglier and cheaper side, attach a 3' section of capped pvc (won't rust) pipe that's filled with concrete to the rear cross member

Reactions: Grayson Everett
Grayson Everett
Grayson Everett
jamisonace
jamisonace
I have a very light, all aluminum trailer for my drift boat and that has never happened to me. My guess is your holding air somewhere. A few holes in the right place should fix it.

Reactions: Grayson Everett