Alton Baker top water bass and perch

hooksman

Went out to AB last night, fish jumping everywhere but not a lot of bites. Of the 4 or 5 fisherman at the pond I was the only one who caught anything. Got a little guy just like your top right, wasn't sure what it was so I threw him back. Maybe 8 or 9 inches. Got one rainbow, about 11 inches long but pretty thin, hooked deep in the gills and bleeding everywhere so I kept him.

Is the top right a perch? Can you keep them, and if so are they good to eat?

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Went out to AB last night, fish jumping everywhere but not a lot of bites. Of the 4 or 5 fisherman at the pond I was the only one who caught anything. Got a little guy just like your top right, wasn't sure what it was so I threw him back. Maybe 8 or 9 inches. Got one rainbow, about 11 inches long but pretty thin, hooked deep in the gills and bleeding everywhere so I kept him.

Is the top right a perch? Can you keep them, and if so are they good to eat?
Where were you at? Fly fishing in the float tube?

I was out here last night on the green/tan/black kayak

It is a perch but I'm not sure what the regs are, I know they eat them in the Midwest.

hooksman

Where were you at? Fly fishing in the float tube?
I was fishing from the bank, AB pond near the inlet on the south side, from about 7-9 p.m. Had an 8 y/o with me.

Saw a group of 3 kayaks and the fly fisherman in the float tube - he's there about every day as far as I can tell. Or maybe we just always go at the same time. Didn't see if any of the boaters caught anything but none of the bank fisherman got a thing that I could see.

NKlamerus

Most Featured
I was fishing from the bank, AB pond near the inlet on the south side, from about 7-9 p.m. Had an 8 y/o with me.

Saw a group of 3 kayaks and the fly fisherman in the float tube - he's there about every day as far as I can tell. Or maybe we just always go at the same time. Didn't see if any of the boaters caught anything but none of the bank fisherman got a thing that I could see.
I definitely saw you! It was packed out there today, I got off the water about 8pm, I remember the group of the 3 tied up together further north.

I caught one trout last night, the group of 3 did as well.

I'll post another thread with today's catch

hooksman

I'll post another thread with today's catch
Good luck! I can't make it back out til Monday most likely. Got some work to finish up around the house.

I caught the perch in some weeds very near the bank, on orange-colored garlic power eggs. I might try that spot again to see if I can land another.

bass

Most Featured
Great report folks! Pretty cool on the good-sized perch and the nice bass.

hooksman

Fish were biting like crazy tonight! I hauled in four rainbows between 9"-11" and my boy caught two - including a nice fat 13-incher. The fly fisherman guy on the float tube probably caught and released 20-30 while we were there.

Dnyed

Is AB pond the one in the middle of the park? Or is it the long, narrow pond near the entrance with the disc golf course? (behind La Quinta and the car dealerships)? I also had no idea that bass are in there.

NKlamerus

Most Featured
Is AB pond the one in the middle of the park? Or is it the long, narrow pond near the entrance with the disc golf course? (behind La Quinta and the car dealerships)? I also had no idea that bass are in there.
I think more people reference the main pond by the radio towers

But I've seen bass all the way to the park

Top Bottom