Alton Baker Park Eugene, OR

T
taconight2night
So I fished two evenings in a row at Alton Baker park w/o as much as a bump. 2lb flocarb leader, about 18 inches long, yellow-cheese flavor power bait, right in the middle of the canal. I was fed up so I decided to do a little experimenting and ventured to new, uncharted (by me) territory. Within 10 seconds of my first cast, pow! One after another until I got my 5 troutskis and headed home. It's crazy how big of a difference a little spot change can make! I wasn't but 100 yards from where I fished the past two nights w/o a bite! Yellow cheese power bait for president. :thumb:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You are much more patient than I am. I tend to fish a spot for an hour or so before I move, usually less than a hundred yards at a time. Good to heay you found your very own sweet spot. :D

plumbertom
plumbertom
When using Power Bait, 15-20 minutes, if you don't get a bite the fish aren't circling where you are fishing and you need to move.

T
taconight2night
Yes, that is good advise. Normally I would subscribe to this, but I figured that due to the shape of the canal that I was fishing, I figured the fish would be moving up and down from end to end of the canal... I was wrong. Glad I finally got em figuered out! Thanks for the tips as always
plumbertom said:
When using Power Bait, 15-20 minutes, if you don't get a bite the fish aren't circling where you are fishing and you need to move.

J
jdurasant1229
taconight2night said:
So I fished two evenings in a row at Alton Baker park w/o as much as a bump. 2lb flocarb leader, about 18 inches long, yellow-cheese flavor power bait, right in the middle of the canal. I was fed up so I decided to do a little experimenting and ventured to new, uncharted (by me) territory. Within 10 seconds of my first cast, pow! One after another until I got my 5 troutskis and headed home. It's crazy how big of a difference a little spot change can make! I wasn't but 100 yards from where I fished the past two nights w/o a bite! Yellow cheese power bait for president. :thumb:

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
jdurasant1229 said:
Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum. We don't get many members from the White Plains, New York area.