Alton Baker just a little bit high

N
natro
Stopped by A.B. this morning to see what the Willy looked like, and boy AB and the Willy is pretty high. I wish my phone took better pics

Last edited by a moderator:
M
markasd
Hard to believe its June!! Crazy spring ehh?

Troutski
Troutski
Mud fishing

Mud fishing

I bet there be Steelhead in there..........of course one would probably die trying to catch one.
One heck of a Spring rain....

Chuck

F
Finneus Polebender
Wow playin with the pellet heads is even out !!!! Seen it like that only a few times in my life! Probably a good thing in overall scheme. Would think it might flush out the way bird over populated little slough potentialy avoiding health issues. After a few dry years in a row that place can get more funky than the ponds I fish .

J
JeannaJigs
That's insane....But there's not enough cfs's in the world to flush out all that duck and goose poo....

N
natro
a

Last edited:
N
natro
Finneus Polebender said:
Wow playin with the pellet heads is even out !!!! Seen it like that only a few times in my life! Probably a good thing in overall scheme. Would think it might flush out the way bird over populated little slough potentialy avoiding health issues. After a few dry years in a row that place can get more funky than the ponds I fish .

When I was taking the pics a guy on a bike came by and said it hasen't been this bad in a long time. The benches along the banks of the river were under water up to the back rests. I was pretty suprised. I was up on the foot bridge that goes over the river for the pics of the river and overview of the park.

N
natro
JeannaJigs said:
That's insane....But there's not enough cfs's in the world to flush out all that duck and goose poo....

That's funny because I was thinking the same thing when I was there.

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. That's definitely high water there.

I wish that Parks n' Rec, would find a way to keep the geese out!

F
Finneus Polebender
Many moons ago when i was a wee polebender It was brand new and full of trout ,steelhead ,frogs etc. years of low flow and the avian overpopulation has reduced it to a stocking hole. Worthy of disinfectant soap after contact.

J
JeannaJigs
troutdude said:
Wow. That's definitely high water there.

I wish that Parks n' Rec, would find a way to keep the geese out!

Funny thing about that, my dad works on the parks and open spaces crew for the city, and they spend A LOT of money trying to figure out ways to get rid of them....they've had specially trained dogs out there (think sheep herding dogs) to scare them off, they've gone so far as doing a "round up" and relocating them to a farm somewhere in Albany, and they've tried shooting them with some kind of spray irritant.....They're here to stay. The only good thing about people feeding them bread...is that they lose their wing feathers, and become sterile, so at least the big fat geese can't reproduce, but, they spread the word, and more keep coming....and then they never want to leave.

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe I ought to just show up there, on a more regular basis. With my mug, they'll think I'm a scarecrow and vanish.

Then, I can send my bill to Parks n' Rec.

LOL