Alsea River salmon advise

T
taconight2night
Hi all, I will be getting up early early tomorrow and making the trek to the Alsea river from Eugene for the first time ever. My plan is to bobber fish eggs and tuna balls. High tide tomorrow is around 8AM so I will try to get there at least an hour early in order to explore and find a decent spot to bobber fish. From my research I have decided to check out Don Lindly Park at mile 7 Hwy 34 because I think it is still in the tidewater area and there my be some fish moving in who want to eat eggs around high tide. The river level is only a little over 2' right now so I think I need to focus on fish riding the high tide in. I'm not too interested in going down to the bay and hucking spinners because I don't have any lures and I'd love to catch one on eggs in the river if possible. Other areas I may be interested in looking at are Mike Bauer Wayside, Blackberry Campground, the Barclay hole, and Rock Crusher Hole. If anybody has any advice they are willing to share, I'd would greatly appreciate it. If you think I'd be wasting my time due to the low water, or if you think it's a great idea, please let me know! Is there another river that I should be focusing on?... Thanks guys and gals :thumb:

G
Gary W
With recent rains your best bet would be the Rock Crusher hole if you know where that is. the fish have been stacking up in tidewater this time of year and this would be one of the first holes above tidewater. Good luck. You will need a good pair of waiders above the falls but Drift bobbers and eggs with sand shrimp if you can find some. set your bobber about 3' above the hook. It is fast water when the bobber goes down lay into him.

T
taconight2night
Awesome, thank you!!

J
JeannaJigs
Rock crusher hole is probably the shadiest place I've ever fished anywhere in oregon lol. Focus on the lower holes, and get there a couple hours before dark because everyone and their mother will have the same plan. I've spent many mornings in the dark waiting for the sun on that river. It's what you do when you have to fight for a rock to stand on. Mike Bauer has some good spots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

T
taconight2night
Good to know, thanks. I definitely want to stay in the lower holes and work that tide. Im hoping that it will be less crowded being a Friday and not a Sat or Sunday. Wishful thinking....

G
Gary W
There is no tide it is fresh water. There will not be many fish at Mike Bower yet if they are they will be very dark.

T
taconight2night
So the Alsea was a bust! 2 hr drive to stand in the rain on an empty river packed with people :sad: Few few fish rolled but nothing to get excited about. I guess we need some rain.. I'd still really really really love to find a place within an hour or two of Eugene where there is at least a decent chance to hook a salmon. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated and you would be more than welcome to join me! I have a car