Alsea River fishing reports

S
Santiam338
Nice fish Chuck...You will probably have to go to the how many rivers thread and add another Alsea...LOL

Congrats.

C
Combat Chuck
Fought 2 and landed 1 yesterday. One chromer and one turning red. Had some other strikes but never saw em. Sure looks nasty today!

T
TTFishon
Sounds like a blast!

M
mahmichael
To wake up the thread! :lol:
Is there anything that can be found on Alsea this time of the year?!!

S
steelhead1
Little bows and cutties, perhaps a nice sea run cutt now and then. There are a few summer steelhead around,but it is a small run. Crawdaddin' is your best bet!

troutdude
troutdude
steelhead1 said:
Little bows and cutties, perhaps a nice sea run cutt now and then. There are a few summer steelhead around,but it is a small run. Crawdaddin' is your best bet!

Yep. X2. An occassional bow to 16". But, they are few and far between. It's mostly cutties under 10". Not likely to find to many SRC's this time of year either. They run in the late summer and fall.

Q
qwapaw
Anyone know how crabbing has been. I can always find something to fish for if crabbing is good. Had to cancell my reservations at Siltcoos as I was too ill last weekend and first par of this week, but am doing better now and can wander wherever I want this weekend. Let's hear all about the crabbing, and where to you drop your crawdad traps too. Thank Qwa (Dan)

S
steelhead1
qwapaw said:
Anyone know how crabbing has been. I can always find something to fish for if crabbing is good. Had to cancell my reservations at Siltcoos as I was too ill last weekend and first par of this week, but am doing better now and can wander wherever I want this weekend. Let's hear all about the crabbing, and where to you drop your crawdad traps too. Thank Qwa (Dan)

I have not heard about any good crabbing, But the Alsea and five rivers are packed with nice crawdads. One spot seems as good as the next for 'em.

S
steelhead1
troutdude said:
Yep. X2. An occassional bow to 16". But, they are few and far between. It's mostly cutties under 10". Not likely to find to many SRC's this time of year either. They run in the late summer and fall.
Yes the src's do come IN late summer and fall,but I have had some of my best days for 'em in the early spring, before they return to salt. At least I assume thats why there will be numbers one day, and very few the next.

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive found sea run cutts in coastal rivers all of the time. they poke in and out of rivers year around. ive caught some big ones while steelhead fishing in march.

J
JonBouy
where abouts should i go to get into the salmon? What are you usin if ya dont mind me askin? I hooked my first salmon out at dexter about a month ago..foul hooked so i had to let the 15 lb beauty go. Been on the hunt ever since almost daily. Not even a bite in about a month straight. Help!! I live in eugene but maybe not a good time for fishin here?

J
JonBouy
where would be a good spot to go for steelhead and salmon combo? Or if anyone would be willing to let me tag along with them on a trip that would be awesome!!

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Fish the mckenzie or willamette for springers and steelhead right now, good numbers meandering around eugene right now. The alsea is a winter and fall show.

A
AirChief Caster
Great morning yesterday on the Alsea. Caught 10 of which one was a SRC footer and one a fat well fed rainbow.

F
fisherman97
photo(14).jpgphone pictures 097.jpg me and my brother both got a good fish up there

F
fisherman97
yeah i thought it was up on the siletz but he is the one that took me and he said it was on the alsea so sorry about that

S
salsinker
I love to fish in the river.

F
fisherman97
ya i do too

A
AirChief Caster
Well, got to hit the Alsea one last time for cutties for 2012 today. Was very warm for early in the morning and the cutties were a little lethargic and I only caught 3 fish; however my 3rd was a fat 14" SRC and was a beast to pull in. Great way to end the trout season on the Alsea. Now to focus on the Met and Deschutes through Oct.

S
steelhead1
May I ask what technique you were using?Bait,spinner, fly ect?
AirChief Caster said:
Well, got to hit the Alsea one last time for cutties for 2012 today. Was very warm for early in the morning and the cutties were a little lethargic and I only caught 3 fish; however my 3rd was a fat 14" SRC and was a beast to pull in. Great way to end the trout season on the Alsea. Now to focus on the Met and Deschutes through Oct.