R
RunWithSasquatch
Glad you got into some fish!

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:
I'll be smoking fish tomorrow.

Sure beats rolling your own smokes! LOL

Nice report. Sounds like a fun day on the water.

C
codrodd
Were any of those boats you saw drift boats without a motor? I'm wondering if its possible to fish that stretch with my db..

C_Run said:
November 1 observations. No photos today. I went to upper tidewater for a last stab at salmon fishing from the kayak. It was a beautiful day but I bet the river will be full of maple leaves in a week. Lots of fish jumping and rolling everywhere. Many getting that kind of bronze, dark look but still some chrome. I caught a somewhat dark 10lb. Chinook and a chrome coho about the same size. Shame to have to let the coho go but rules are rules. Most people were fishing with floats or trolling between float locations. I saw maybe 20 boats and saw several fish caught including some pretty bright Chinook. Kozy Cove had a gate on the driveway and the boat ramp and there were less RV's in the evening than there had been in the morning. Looks sad. Driving back there were cars in only about 1/3 of the usual roadside fishing holes. I'll be smoking fish tomorrow.

C_Run
C_Run
codrodd said:
Were any of those boats you saw drift boats without a motor? I'm wondering if its possible to fish that stretch with my db..

There are drift boats up there. The tide current isn't a big factor for rowing/paddling way up there. It's like a big slow-moving lake, at least that's the way it has been each of the two times I have been there. I saw guys trolling from a driftboat and some of the stretches are very slack.

Troutdude. Smoking fish and fishing makes me feel high.

E
ezdoesit
C-Run, You are right about the Coho. The chinook bite really turned off about the middle of last week in the Bay. Maybe down to 1 or 2 landed per day. But Coho are still coming in and are BIG, often have to look close before turning them back. A couple of guys I know that boat fish the jaws are still seeing good numbers of fish on there finders, and thinking we may still get another surge of chinook. BTW, the rumors are flying about the Kozy Kove and what really is happening or happened. I hope we get to hear the true story. Congrats on the fish catching!

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:
Troutdude. Smoking fish and fishing makes me feel high.

That's certainly a nice way to "cop a buzz".

S
steelhead1
haven't posted an Alsea report in awhile so,here it is. LOTS of bright steel are holding in the mid to lower river (think salmon deadline and below).Saw a few nice nooks and also some bright ho's still runnin up.Total haul for the day was four west coast floats,two beau macs,two k11 kwik fish,10+ spinners,two pairs of needle nose pliers and a nice fillet knife.Oh yeah,the water is super low and clear,btw:D

R
rainbowfisherman
Still worth fishing? Always make the trip there this time of year but not sure if it'll be worth it.

S
steelhead1
rainbowfisherman said:
Still worth fishing? Always make the trip there this time of year but not sure if it'll be worth it.

IDK where you are coming from?Regardless,waiting for rain will up your chances for a productive day

S
steelhead1
Its been awhile since I have posted an actual report,so,here goes.My bud and I hit the the n fork Alsea about noon,wasn't long before I remembered why I dont fish here much.Seems like the most of the meatheads that frequent this place are less interested in catching fish as they are just beating you to the hole you intend to fish.But whatever,there is plenty of water to hit up.Started at clemens,missed a couple,and so did my bud(I'm fly'n,he's jig'n).The sqeezers started to get thick, so we blew and hit the confluence. Five minutes later we have banked three nickel bright beauties(one for the tag) and missed more than I care to admit.Hiked the rest of the top stretch,I hooked up with two more chromers,lost em both on the jump.Back to the top of the run for one more pass,my bud nails a good bright ten pounder,hen,and tags out.I continue to flog until sqeezie squeezerton shows up, and just starts casting right into my bubble.The fishin is hot,but not hot enough to deal with combat condition, when there is miles of open river to fish.So to sum it up,there are some nice fish movin through,should be to honey grove and clemens by tommorow,And conditions are good,so......:D

S
steelhead_stalkers
Weird! On Tuesday we did not see another person.

S
salmon_slayer87
Anyone want to head out there tomorrow?
Dale

F
fishyden
When are you planning to head out. I was thinking the slaw tommorow? I got some dough for gas.

Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
steelhead1 said:
Its been awhile since I have posted an actual report,so,here goes.My bud and I hit the the n fork Alsea about noon,wasn't long before I remembered why I dont fish here much.Seems like the most of the meatheads that frequent this place are less interested in catching fish as they are just beating you to the hole you intend to fish.But whatever,there is plenty of water to hit up.Started at clemens,missed a couple,and so did my bud(I'm fly'n,he's jig'n).The sqeezers started to get thick, so we blew and hit the confluence. Five minutes later we have banked three nickel bright beauties(one for the tag) and missed more than I care to admit.Hiked the rest of the top stretch,I hooked up with two more chromers,lost em both on the jump.Back to the top of the run for one more pass,my bud nails a good bright ten pounder,hen,and tags out.I continue to flog until sqeezie squeezerton shows up, and just starts casting right into my bubble.The fishin is hot,but not hot enough to deal with combat condition, when there is miles of open river to fish.So to sum it up,there are some nice fish movin through,should be to honey grove and clemens by tommorow,And conditions are good,so......:D

I was at Clemens on wednesday but never was really around anyone. Sounds like your a magnet for em! lucky you. I talked to a fly guy on the bridge, was that you?

S
steelhead1
Im not sure if I spoke with anyone,gave a few the hairy eyeball though.heh.

R
RunWithSasquatch
I always eyeball people.

S
steelhead1
RunWithSasquatch said:
I always eyeball people.
Seems like most of the peaple I interact with on the river(I try to avoid this whenever possible) end up being down to earth and like minded,probably due to the kind of places I like to fish.When time or circumstances dont allow for a long trip in, I will hit some of the "popular" stretches of water.This is where the unsavory characters tend to invade my little stretch of river,sometimes in a rude or pushy way.It sucks but there is nothing I can do,exept call 'em an *ss and find a different place to fish(and whine a little on this forum).:rolleyes:

C
Combat Chuck
Continued a good season today. Caught one on the second cast at the hatchery. It was bright red so he went back. Got a little crowded when the sun came out a few minutes later so I went down river. Took some work but I got to take home some chrome!

steel.png

C
Combat Chuck