Rivers Alsea River Fishing Reports

S

Steelyfishn

Headed to the Alsea River yesterday and floated Mill Creek to Campbell. Water was a little low but definitely fish able. We saw a half dozen boats throughout the day some with fish and others without. We spent a good amount of the morning in the upper stretches pulling plugs, but no takers. As we moved on down we saw a boat below us anchored in a hole we wanted to fish. So we waited and kept our distance. We decided to anchor above and float fish bait. 3rd cast I made through the fast water and my bobber takes a violent hit... Fish On!!! Line was zipping off my reel as the fish headed down towards the other boat. I tighten the drag slightly and finally get the fish turned and as soon as he is turned he comes flying back at us. Under the boat, around the oars and through the anchor rope you know the usual 5 minutes of chaos and in the net he went!

Alsea River Fishing Reports

We continued on our way and get into my favorite stretch. We fished it with every technique the 6 rods we brought were rigged with and not a bump. So down the river we continue. We get down about a mile before Campbell and anchor up. I needed to rig my drift rod back up bit my buddy starts in floating some bait. I happen to just look up and say " this looks like good bobber water " and the bobber is inhaled. We get a good look at this little hen as she shoots out of the water 3 times and then rips 200 ft off like she was a 15lb'er. I love when the smaller ones are pissed off! She gets to the bottom and just as fast comes darting back at us. My buddy is reeling as fast as he can to keep up " come on, come on " right in the net!

Alsea River Fishing Report

D

DYJ

nice fish buddy...

(cough cough) maybe I should call in sick tomorrow. What are ya doing? :D

S

Steelyfishn

nice fish buddy...

(cough cough) maybe I should call in sick tomorrow. What are ya doing? :D

:) wish I was fishing tomorrow rain forecast looks promising

S

Steelyfishn

Looks like a.pretty good day Josh, maybe I should give up on the slaw...all I can get there are Downers....

Yeah I gave up on the slaw to many egg shootin hens for me plus I have been shut down there last 2 trips

T

Tacomasteelheader

We landed a 15 lber and lost a 13 pouder on the mainstem both red but the meat in the 15 was so perfect pink!!!
oh and that was yesterday

B

brewer

I was down on the Alsea today at the bridge hole. Some fish moving around but I couldn't touch anything. Still nice knowing they are there.

T

Tacomasteelheader

we banked the alsea pics right here bro fish was 34.5 inches long and 19 inch girth you do the math about 15 pounder DSCF1083.jpg

and again it was a red a$$ fish but the meat was a solid bbq'ur no problem, dead serious.