Alsea River fish

O
Orgwayne
Just got the word that there are fish in the trap at Alsea Hatchery , 10+ or so , I guess that's good huh ?
Maybe will give the river a try this weekend
Wayne:thumb:

S
steelhead_stalkers
There are 40 at the trap on Whittaker creek too! Good luck everyone. :D

E
Eoughphily
steelhead_stalkers said:
There are 40 at the trap on Whittaker creek too! Good luck everyone. :D

Isn't Whittaker currently closed?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Eoughphily said:
Isn't Whittaker currently closed?

yes, closed always under Perm. Regs.

trap is run by Florence STEP and is not 'working' yet, being installed next week. cheers, roger

E
Eoughphily
rogerdodger said:
yes, closed always under Perm. Regs.

trap is run by Florence STEP and is not 'working' yet, being installed next week. cheers, roger

Thank you Rogerdodger, as my first year of fishing I am anxiously waiting for those steelhead. I have a very limited supply of roe and can't spare any to test the waters looking for the first sh of the run. Generally when is a good time to go out? And where? I am currently shore bound for another month. I recently purchased a 14' aluminum StarCraft bare off of Craig's list. And am slowly saving up for the gear to get on the waters.

N
Native Fisher
Eoughphily said:
Thank you Rogerdodger, as my first year of fishing I am anxiously waiting for those steelhead. I have a very limited supply of roe and can't spare any to test the waters looking for the first sh of the run. Generally when is a good time to go out? And where? I am currently shore bound for another month. I recently purchased a 14' aluminum StarCraft bare off of Craig's list. And am slowly saving up for the gear to get on the waters.

Steelhead readily bite so many different things a limited supply of roe isn't anything to worry about. Matter of fact I rarely even fish roe for steelhead anymore....As for where to go on the slaw? Head toward the area whitaker creek comes into it and then drive around looking for pull offs.

J
juggernaut506
If your worried about not having roe. Just ask someone who has caught a hen if you can have the roe. 4 out of 5 times they'll give it to you.