D
dabigbozman
Hot off the grill

L
lilsalmon
yum,,,,nice fish and presentation

G
GDBrown
Nice batch of fish for a stream that has a two fish limit! How many were there in your group?

T
Thuggin4Life
GDBrown said:
Nice batch of fish for a stream that has a two fish limit! How many were there in your group?

lmao! By the way nice heads!

D
dabigbozman
GDBrown said:

myself and my 2 daughters

Reactions: GDBrown
D
dabigbozman
GDBrown said:

Alsea River (Lincoln Co.):
1. Mainstem, including tidewater
upstream to Fall Creek
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-April 30 and Aug. 1-Dec. 31.
• Open for Chinook salmon Aug. 1-Dec. 31.
• Open for marine fish and other fish entire year in Alsea Bay.
2. Upstream from Fall Creek • Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-April 30 and Dec. 1-31.
• No angling from a floating device upstream from Mill Creek.
3. North Fork Alsea from the mouth
upstream to 100 feet below the Alsea
Hatchery fishway, and from 100 feet
above the Alsea Hatchery fishway
upstream 600 feet to the angling
deadline marker
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1- April 30 and Dec. 1-31.
• No angling from a floating device.
4. South Fork Alsea upstream to bridge
located 200 feet upstream from Peak
Creek at McBee Park
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-Mar. 31 and Dec. 1-31.

R
RunWithSasquatch
dabigbozman said:
Alsea River (Lincoln Co.):
1. Mainstem, including tidewater
upstream to Fall Creek
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-April 30 and Aug. 1-Dec. 31.
• Open for Chinook salmon Aug. 1-Dec. 31.
• Open for marine fish and other fish entire year in Alsea Bay.
2. Upstream from Fall Creek • Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-April 30 and Dec. 1-31.
• No angling from a floating device upstream from Mill Creek.
3. North Fork Alsea from the mouth
upstream to 100 feet below the Alsea
Hatchery fishway, and from 100 feet
above the Alsea Hatchery fishway
upstream 600 feet to the angling
deadline marker
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1- April 30 and Dec. 1-31.
4. South Fork Alsea upstream to bridge
located 200 feet upstream from Peak
Creek at McBee Park
• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead Jan. 1-Mar. 31 and Dec. 1-31.

It all looks fun to me.

D
dabigbozman
i was looking for the (2) fish a day limit thing GD Brown was talking about?

C
chris61182
dabigbozman said:

When it's not in the special regulations you need to check the zone regs. I'm fairly confident you'll find it there.

M
Mad dog
dabigbozman said:

NW zone unless noted in the special regs.

Lakes: 5 per day,
2 daily limits in
possession.
Streams:
( including
tidewaters and
bays):
• 2 per day, 2
daily limits in
possession.
• Lower Columbia
River tributaries
catch and
release only.

M
Mad dog
GDBrown said:

Why are you so nosey??? You a cop or something? :think:

M
Mad dog
dabigbozman said:
here was our haul for the day

Nice!!! I used to hammer the Cutt's on the South Fork Alsea back when I was a young guy! Used to be a lot of them in parts of it!

D
Drew9870
dabigbozman said:

Why would one have to worry if one had their youngsters along? It's funny how people mention they had people along with them only after they show a pic of 2 1/2 limits and get worded on it, supermarket doesn't have a limit, don't be afraid to catch and release for the sport and future runs.

Nonetheless, it was obviously a good day out, ain't tryin to chew you out, but like my dad once told me, ignorance is no excuse for the law, no good when you walk out with ''your two daughters'' and 15 fish, I think it is $1,000 per fish over the limit, no Trout is worth that much. GD is not a bad guy, if bozman had to 'look' for the 2 fish limit, obviously GD just brought something to him that he obviously did not know, just trying to clear this up, not cause a ruckus.

They are some agressive fish though, I always get them while using a #5 Blue Fox on some coastal rivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: michigan_transplant
M
michigan_transplant
Drew9870 said:
Why would one have to worry if one had their youngsters along? It's funny how people mention they had people along with them only after they show a pic of 2 1/2 limits and get worded on it, supermarket doesn't have a limit, don't be afraid to catch and release for the sport and future runs.

Nonetheless, it was obviously a good day out, ain't tryin to chew you out, but like my dad once told me, ignorance is no excuse for the law, no good when you walk out with ''your two daughters'' and 15 fish, I think it is $1,000 per fish over the limit, no Trout is worth that much. GD is not a bad guy, if bozman had to 'look' for the 2 fish limit, obviously GD just brought something to him that he obviously did not know, just trying to clear this up, not cause a ruckus.

They are some agressive fish though, I always get them while using a #5 Blue Fox on some coastal rivers.

This is why I check this site less and less. Every time someone posts someone else has to blast them for something. Weather its the color of the fish or how they handled it or for the above incident. Chill out people, let some people post with out freaking out.

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
Mad dog said:
Nice!!! I used to hammer the Cutt's on the South Fork Alsea back when I was a young guy! Used to be a lot of them in parts of it!
yeah use to be, but some people decide to keep everyoen they catch. even if they are little guys.

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Drew9870 said:

If you think the fine is $1,000/fish over the limit you thought wrong!

As for the Brotherhood of catch and releaser's, I don't think they are happy if anyone harvests a trout! There are reasons why streams have seasons and bag limits.....sometimes removing a % of fish from a system is a good thing!

D
dabigbozman
I hope I never run into any of the assholes on this forum :(

Reactions: bigsteel
brandon4455
brandon4455
ok, this thread has steam comin out my nose and ears, and head is red. so ill write one final post to voice my opinion. do i think it's wrong to keep native resident and sea run cutthroat trout? yes i do. Why? whats the point of keeping a native trout when you can go to a lake and catch some stockers? if your catching a decent quality stocker that isn't full over pb theres no difference in taste and your not impacting a native fishery. theres a reason i dont name the waters i fish to people who keep a ton of fish. because ive seen whole stretches of streams ruined and in a span of 4 years watched a reservoir loaded with big trophy 15-22 inch cutthroat get completely destoryed when word of it's location got out to catch and keep fisherman. the first year i fished it the fish were big healthy and fighters and now, there are all smaller fish and there are not nearly as many as there use to be. yes, sometime removing certain fish from a system is good, but not cutthroat. i know some of you disagree with what im saying and will of course "bash" on me but it doesn't bother me, everyone has there own opinion of whats right and wrong. theres the people that fish to eat, and people who fish because they enjoy the sport. and were not a-holes, we just care about the fish

Last edited: