Alsea Forks in the summer?

C
coyo7e
I'm heading out camping this weekend near the north fork alsea with my brother, his son and the kid's friend, and I was not sure if it's okay to fish for cutthroats and such up there above the hatchery? It is obviously not open for steelhead and salmon but I have googled around and received vastly disparate responses and am still stumped whether or not it'd be okay to just take a flyrod up there to C&R some cutts. Got no problem with barbless, no bait, whatever, the regs seem a little vague on whether you can fish above the bay though (possibly because I just really want to play with the flyrod.)

If it's not legal to flail for babbies, are there bodies within a reasonable distance where I could go with a couple amateurs/kids if somebody wants to get a hook wet?

I really appreciate any clarification, thanks!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
N. Fork Alsea, exact locations as defined under Special Regs, has just two permanent modifications to the Zone Regs: there are dates when it is open for steelhead and no angling from floating devices. So for trout it is open under the Zone Regs, follow them and you should be fine...cheers, roger

troutdude
troutdude
If you haven't headed out yet...fish the Alsea main stem, in the stretches from "Little Switzerland" up to Blackberry Park. My neighbor's been nailing native cutts, like crazy. He's been waiting, for the bluebacks to arrive. Toss anything that resembles, a small brownish crawdad subsurface.

Little Switzerland, is just above the head of tidewater. So below that, you'd need a boat (and would do better trolling).

R
rippin fish lips
Might want to check on where you can fish this system and where you can't now. New changes came out.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
rippin fish lips said:
Might want to check on where you can fish this system and where you can't now. New changes came out.
And they are posted.

R
rippin fish lips
Raincatcher said:
And they are posted.

Yeah, i read that before i saw this post lol. I was going to post a link of the other thread about it on here but i was in a hurry.

Top Bottom